164$ for 500 rounds FMJ ranger 40 cal .. Question and is it a good buy

This is a discussion on 164$ for 500 rounds FMJ ranger 40 cal .. Question and is it a good buy within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems like a ok buy to me 500 rounds for 164 shipped ? Ok or any place better ? My question is this was ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By subhuman

Thread: 164$ for 500 rounds FMJ ranger 40 cal .. Question and is it a good buy

It seems like a ok buy to me 500 rounds for 164 shipped ? Ok or any place better ?

My question is this was gov overrun ammo .. Was thre some issue with this stuff 40 cal SW Winchester Ranger 180 grain FMJ - ZQ4360 is the name .. I am trying to rember is ZQ was good or bad

his ammo is a government contract overrun product manufactured by Winchester for training / target practice applications.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

It seems a little high.
    Ammoseek is showing on average .25/rnd for 180 gr reloadable ammo. Even if you figured 20 bucks shipping (some places might even have free shipping now) it comes out less than 164.
    It's not a bad deal though. And SGA is first rate. Luckygunner has some cheap .40S&W by military ballistics that looks like a good deal.

250 round box of UMC is $92 at wally world so that price doesn't suck
    flintlock62 likes this.
    If it needs to be done, do it.

I think that's a pretty good price. Ranger is a little more "upscale" than WWB and should be better (and hotter) ammo. I couldn't do much better than that locally for the cheapest stuff.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Sponsored Links