.380 ammo and the hopeful settler

.380 ammo and the hopeful settler

This is a discussion on .380 ammo and the hopeful settler within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Everyone, I just purchased my wife a Ruger LCP.380 and she's looking forward to sorting it tomorrow for the first time. .380 ammo seems ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: .380 ammo and the hopeful settler

Lightbulb .380 ammo and the hopeful settler

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my wife a Ruger LCP.380 and she's looking forward to sorting it tomorrow for the first time. .380 ammo seems to be real scarce here, even or local Walmart hasn't had any for a while.

We ended up or getting some from the dealer we bought the gun from, a box of fmj for target practice and some hollow point rounds (drt) to carry. We only purchased one box of target ammo from the dealer as it was pricey at $20 for 50 rounds.

Later that day we went buy our Ace Hardware store and I noticed they had a box of Winchester fmj ammo so I picked it up and put it in the cart. Got to the register and it rang up at $42! That was for 50 rounds! Of course I didn't purchase it, but it got me wondering, is. 380 ammo more expensive than I'm used to with 9mm? Or did I just run across a dealer going to score a big profit?
    Last edited by Carson256; March 8th, 2015 at 09:53 AM.

Distinguished Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    FlaRon likes this.

Senior Member Array VodoundaVinci's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson256 View Post

Layer that day we went buy our Ace Hardware store and I noticed they had a box of Winchester fmj ammo so I picked it up and put it in the cart. Got to the Reigate and it rang up at $42! That was for 50 rounds! Of course I didn't purchase it, but it got me wondering, is. 380 ammo more expensive than I'm used to with 9mm? Or did I just run across a dealer going to score a big profit?
    Yeah, when it's hard to find the folks who have it can pretty much charge what they want...I hand load and buy all my components online. Before beginning hand loading again I purchased all my ammunition online. Otherwise I was at the mercy of what was available locally and didn't get much choice.

VooDoo

Sounds like, Ace is not the place for your helpful ammo source.
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Yes, .380 tends to run more than 9mm. There are any number of on line merchants that sell ammo. I get on their mailing lists for their sales. Check out GunBot availability. GunBot 380acp pistol ammo
    FlaRon likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF - CCRKBA
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I'm in central Texas and while .380 is fairly available, it's certainly above 9mm prices. Most FMJ are around $20-$25/50 and defensive is $15-$20/20. I usually just get steel FMJ ammo for practice and that can usually be had for about $13/50.

Distinguished Member Array hdhnict's Avatar
    9mm is a higher volume item. .380 ammo has become a specialty item.
    Any ammo at less than $25/50 rounds is a good deal right now.
    The hardware store is charging so much because they don't sell much.
    $15 per box is a memory.
    I don't carry to deter crime. I carry to defend myself!

Distinguished Member Array michael t's Avatar
    Wait till you buy Buffalo Bore or Corbon Then you will have a heart attack . I shoot a lot of ball Not so much my BB or Corbon. At mouse gun distance. They pretty much hit same place . And over years Before the price gouging I shot a lot of Corbon.
    come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994, Colt Officer ACP 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Belleview Detonics

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson256 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my wife a Ruger LCP.380 and she's looking forward to sorting it tomorrow for the first time. .380 ammo seems to be real scarce here, even or local Walmart hasn't had any for a while.

We ended up or getting some from the dealer we bought the gun from, a box of fmj for target practice and some hollow point rounds (drt) to carry. We only purchased one box of target ammo from the dealer as it was pricey at $20 for 50 rounds.

Later that day we went buy our Ace Hardware store and I noticed they had a box of Winchester fmj ammo so I picked it up and put it in the cart. Got to the register and it rang up at $42! That was for 50 rounds! Of course I didn't purchase it, but it got me wondering, is. 380 ammo more expensive than I'm used to with 9mm? Or did I just run across a dealer going to score a big profit?
    There are some folks on this forum (and others) that dislike the convenience of home delivery and prefer to limit themselves to local availability.
    Assuming you are not one of those:
    Bulk .380 ACP Ammo at BulkAmmo.com - In-Stock Today! (50 rounds Gold Dot $32.75)
    380 Ammo | Bulk .380 Auto ACP Ammunition For Sale Cheap (1,000 rounds FMJ $385)
    380 ACP | Handgun Ammo | Ammo
    Bulk 380 Ammo Ships for Free at AmmoMan.com (1,000 rounds brass case FMJ shipped $415)
    .380 ACP Ammunition | .380 ACP Bulk Ammo | .380 ACP Hollow Point Ammo

380 Auto | SGAmmo.com (1,000 rounds PMC FMJ $319 - 18 left at this time)
    VodoundaVinci likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhnict View Post
    $15 per box is a memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    380 Auto | SGAmmo.com (1,000 rounds PMC FMJ $319 - 18 left at this time)
    That price is about $17 per 50 round box delivered. Close enough?
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar

Distinguished Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    It is not going to any better, haven't you heard? There is an all out war against ammo.

I bought a batch of Fiocchi for a good price from Midway and Graf&Son

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickBurkhardt View Post
    As good of a price as I've seen on the PMC since like before I bought my .380 pistols. The free shipping makes it an extremely competitive price (31.9 cpr) without having to order bulk of 1000 rounds. Order placed.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF - CCRKBA
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array PhaedrusIV's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Sounds like, Ace is not the place for your helpful ammo source.
    NEXT time Hardware Hank !
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links