M855 Gougers

M855 Gougers

This is a discussion on M855 Gougers within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mods, I'm not sure if this post is permissible. If not, just burn it, please. I posted earlier today that I hoped the people who ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Stetson
  • 5 Post By HotGuns

Thread: M855 Gougers

VIP Member

M855 Gougers

Mods, I'm not sure if this post is permissible. If not, just burn it, please.

I posted earlier today that I hoped the people who bought up all the M855 hoping to sell it later (see .22lr) would lose their shirts. I also swore I wouldn't do any business with the ammo sellers who were gouging and I would go out of my way to patronize the ammo dealers that were not. Even M193 got stupid.

So, the list of usual suspects starts with Cheaper than Dirt. But they showed their colors with the magazine gouging. Y'all please add to this list.

On the other hand, Midway did not gouge. In fact, they put their M193 on special. And I stocked up back to where I need to be in the first place.

Ladies and gentlemen, the floor is yours.

Rob
    Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

And God came down and gave unto John Moses Browning the divine knowledge of the perfect handgun. Amen.

I've bought stuff from Midway.On all the gun shows on T.V. Midway supports with ads and always thanks for your support.I like doing business with a company like that.
    airslot and Nmuskier like this.

Cope's Distributing 90$ for 120 pack

Aim was not bad but did raise prices
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Let 'em choke on it.

I have always bought 193 from Walmart. I ain't so terrible proud.

Couldn't care less about 855. Doubt anybody else did until lately. My Colt M4 doesn't care.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunawaytx View Post
    Mods, I'm not sure if this post is permissible. If not, just burn it, please.

I posted earlier today that I hoped the people who bought up all the M855 hoping to sell it later (see .22lr) would lose their shirts. I also swore I wouldn't do any business with the ammo sellers who were gouging and I would go out of my way to patronize the ammo dealers that were not. Even M193 got stupid.

So, the list of usual suspects starts with Cheaper than Dirt. But they showed their colors with the magazine gouging. Y'all please add to this list.

On the other hand, Midway did not gouge. In fact, they put their M193 on special. And I stocked up back to where I need to be in the first place.

Ladies and gentlemen, the floor is yours.

Rob
    CTD has always been batcrap crazy. I made a grand total of one purchase there many years ago. I've checked their site from time to time and nothing really changed. As to gouging... I've got a case or two to spare. One could be yours for the grand total of $5,000. Hey...my frankenjeep wants more toys. I can't be the evil guy that says no.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Lead Moderator
    Its all about supply and demand...and retailers will price their items according to what the market is doing.

I know one individual that bought MOST of the existing supply on the Internet. Spent a considerable sum and made a considerable sum doing it.

He didn't force anyone to buy it. He sold over 80 thousand rounds the first day that the "ban" was made public.

Some people call it price gouging, but to do so is to ignore the reality of it. If a merchant has a supply of something that all of a sudden everyone wants...then he can name whatever price he so chooses and if one wants it bad enough, they will either pay for it or go without.

So if you are going to vent your hate and discontent over the fact that all of a sudden it cost you two or three times as much as it did the day before, then vent it to the people that are responsible for all of the commotion, the ant-freedom tyrants that are allowing this sort of crap to happen.

With that being said, I am closing this one because for one, no good will come from it and two, slamming a vendor for making money by having the right thing at the right time and selling what he has just doesn't make sense.

I don't like paying anymore than anyone else does, but I don't get mad at the sellers...I get mad at the people that made it happen.
    I want to have a job where the is no accountability,a job where I can do as I dang well please and make my own laws and act like a KING. I want to be on the Supreme Court.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links