Most Useless Handgun Award

This is a discussion on Most Useless Handgun Award within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think my vote goes to the THUNDER 5 Weighing in at a whopping 48 ounces unloaded & firing 5 rounds of either .45 long ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Useless Handgun Award

Administrator

Most Useless Handgun Award

I think my vote goes to the THUNDER 5
    Weighing in at a whopping 48 ounces unloaded & firing 5 rounds of either .45 long Colt or "Quantity 5" 410 gauge shotgun shells.
    HEAVY trigger pull.
    A SNAKE GUN??? Just drop the doggone gun on the snake and save on ammo costs!
    The #4 shot not being able to penetrate 3/8" of plywood.
    Then I understand that once you fire the shotgun shells in it it's really difficult to get any sort of accuracy back shooting .45 Long Colt.
    Then...You hafta poke spent S Gun Shells out with a stick.
    I'll pass on this one! The videos did not look at all impressive on their web site.
    I can shoot 2 full mags of .45acp nearly as fast as that & that includes a doggone reload.
    They advertise "Built Like A Tank" & weighing almost as much as one.
    Be Smart ~ Use A Safe
    Be Even Smarter & Use A Different Firearm.
    :poke:
    Anybody here own one?
    You sure won't admit it now will you?
    Last edited by QKShooter; February 25th, 2005 at 12:19 AM. Reason: add a lil' pic
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

For the Most Useless Handgun Award I nominate: The one you left at home because the government/boss/spouse doesn't trust you with it.

Not what you were talking aboutQKShooter, but I can't think of a more useless gun than one that you can't use. I would rather have the Thunder 5 with me than nothing at all.

Yes, I am getting grumpy about it. I am to find out tomorrow about a wonderful new job that will really bless me and my family... and says no firearms right in the employee manual. Really debating what to do with that one.

DC Founder
    Track down the maker of that monstrosity and we might have "meme" in custody. Seriously, how could you be a "proud owner" of one of those?
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I see that beast brought up in threads every now and then but has anyone actually seen it in person ? I never have

Red face

Perhaps you've never seen one in the flesh, because the owner is too embarrassed to show ! Have to agree one point though, if that's all I had, it's sure better than nothing at all...maybe if you pulled that on a BG, it'd be so ugly, he'd just turn and run or start puckin to death! That's one uggggllly gun!

Administrator

Thunder ~ 6 Feet Under

Well figure with the Thunder 5 being that heavy...& figure add weight for fully loaded & with some spare ammo that is one handgun that I (for sure) would leave at home.
    So...I probably would not ever have the Thunder5 when I needed it.

There is a Thunder 5 forum...just pretty much looks like a page or two of "highly adept handgunners" :trytofly: weighing in on their Thunder 5 handguns.

I just love to read things like "I shot into water & saw a 20' shot pattern" ~ Yes, that would be 20 feet & not 20 inches.

And then the one guy that wants to load his "first up" 4 rounds as shotshells & "save" the last round as .45 Long Colt.
    He wants to be able to shoot at the sound of a voice in total darkness & then (I guess) save the .45 LC as his "finishing shot" ~ We need to get him some serious CombatCarry.com EDUCATION!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I SAW ONE!! A couple years ago, at a dealer's table (local gun show). While it looks ungainly and awkward in photos ...

You have NO idea!! It felt as heavy as my Ruger Redhawk 5.5" (and a lot less handy); the trigger? Nawww, don't even ask.

I took this thread as a challenge; figured I could surely propose a more useless handgun.

But, I failed ...

I'd consider that gun one of the most impractical (and UGLY) weapons that I've ever seen, but useless? .410 and .45LC can be effective calibers. It's a revolver, hopefully it'll go bang with each trigger pull... Hey, throw it in the glove box, never hurts to have a spare handy.

How 'bout a lorcin .380 'jam-o-matic'? I'd consider these paperweights more 'useless' than the Thunder5!

For impractical, I shot a .223 AR style pistol last fall, on a neat-o scale, I'd give it a 9, but other than just plain fun, it's pretty useless. Can't conceal it, the law would be all over you if you actually used it to defend yourself, can't hunt with it... Sure was fun though! Should'a seen the fireball :D
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I saw a thunder in the flesh at a pawn shop here in AZ. The guy wanted $400 for the pig iron. It is good for a laugh. :pukin:

Lead Moderator
    I saw 1 once at a gun store. My nominee is the Jennings .22 lr pistol I once owned. You couldn't shoot a whole mag(6 shots) with out a jam. Ever.

I saw a few of them at gun shows in the past, and then they eother disappeared into oblivion or just dried up over weird interest in them. I can honestly say that I've NEVER owned one, and never will! lol.......they last retailed for around 575.00
    Remeber the Sterling 22's?? I had one. Jam-a-matic as I called it.. what I peice of $^&#

Do you also remember one that was similar to the Thunder? it was chambered in 45/70.....now THAT was a boat anchor lol.....

1952 - 2006
    While I have to agree that the Thunder 5 is ugly and reasonably useless, a friend of mine came up with a Carbon 15 pistol at the range, like cmidkiff, I thought it was kinda neat until I touched off my first round. The muzzle blast is reminiscent of a 50BMG. I thought the gun had blown up. It blew the baseball cap off my head with the over-pressure. On examining the target after firing 10 rounds I noticed that all 10 rounds had key-holed through the target a 10 yards. I would probably be appalled to see what the rounds looked like traveling any distance spinning as bad as they were, it could easily make a 90-degree turn in mid-flight.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Thumbs down

Any bryco,jennings or lorcin pot metal guns

The answer to a question no one asked, much like a bullpup configuration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links