Spankin' Deals!

Spankin' Deals!

This is a discussion on Spankin' Deals! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently ran accross a place to buy my plinkers that I wanted to share with everyone. I am in NO way affilated, so this ...

Thread: Spankin' Deals!

Spankin' Deals!

I recently ran accross a place to buy my plinkers that I wanted to share with everyone. I am in NO way affilated, so this is not a wanton advertisement. Im just a value minded (read: Encono El Cheapo) shopper.
    Pro Load Distributors, in Hayden ID, is one of the largest distributors of Magtech in the country. They just recently started selling direct to consumers and the prices are really great. (Actually, I can't find anyone who beats them.) 115gr FMJ 9mm $175/case. .45acp, 230gr FMJ, $250/case.
    The guy who owns it is John Koppel, and he's been around the industry for decades. Some of the old timers might remember Pro Load Ammunition, for having a great reputation. John's an Engineer and a certified ammunition inspector, so he knows his stuff! Beware of asking though... pack a lunch!! LOL

Anyway, he can be reached at 208/772-2339. The website, www.proload.com, is still very much under construction, but works.

That looks good for Magtech... sadly wally world can best that by a few bucks. I know WWWB goes fro $14.56 just south in Moscow and Lewiston ID... 14.56*10*1.08 (8% tax IIRC) ~$157.25

Is the quality of Magtech any better? my friends from ATK handed me several boxes of Magtech last time we went out and I shot 115-FMJ-Magtech, 115-FMJ-WWWB, & 124-JHP-Independance brands in my 5906... all seemed to work equally well.

JMO, I think so...

I've only shot Magtech in 9mm and .45acp. I have found the Magtech to be my preference in terms of clean, accurate and consistent. I will happily admit that 9mm is not the acid test caliber for ammo. It all seems to work acceptably well, other than most are dirtier than a few. When it comes to .45 acp, I would not go anywhere near WWB, or Blazer.

Magtech has been a real revelation for me. Very clean, feeds flawlessly and is very accurate and consistent. The brass is top tier.

My argument for Magtech is simply that you CANNOT go wrong with it. It is well made to un-erring standards, very consistent, safe and accurate.

For the minimal difference in price, where ever you buy, the peace of mind is priceless.

JMHO

Win WB is cheaper at natches..045 case del.

Delivery?

The case price listed for .45 is not much more than I pay at our local gunshop. I bilieve the individual price was about a $1 cheaper per box on the site...but I get that when I buy in bulk (a case)...
    How much more is added on for shipping?
    I match their price without any shipping added on...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links