Defensive Carry banner

Question about Ammo?

954 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
I carry a Kahr CW9 that I use Speer Gold Dots for short barreled guns. I also have a 3" XD Sub compact XD 40 SW. Will Federal Hydrashok work just as good on a 3" barrel as it would on a 4" or would you suggest that I use Speer Gold Dots for short barreled guns. Is there actually that big of difference in an inch of barrel?
Thanks

#2 ·
IMO the difference is minimal ......... in velocity terms maybe 25 fps ... more important might be the scale of any muzzle flash between the two. Again tho I feel this is small.

I am as yet not fully satisfied that ''short barrel'' ammo is all it might be cracked up to be for perceived benefit - aged skeptic probably! Others may well be very enthusiastic!

#3 ·
As long as your ammo shoots POA/POI dont worry about it . Any modern hollowpoint will show about the same performance since all company's pretty much load to the fbi standards for penetration ect. Just fine one that cycles reliably and shoots at least close to where the gun looks .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.