Cho Seung-Hui used HST's? - Page 2

Cho Seung-Hui used HST's?

This is a discussion on Cho Seung-Hui used HST's? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What I find curious is that he reportedly boiught the ammo in Charlottesville, a good long drive from Blacksburg and not necessarily the best route ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cho Seung-Hui used HST's?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    What I find curious is that he reportedly boiught the ammo in Charlottesville, a good long drive from Blacksburg and not necessarily the best route to and from his home in Centreville. Think he was scouting UVA as a possible target?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    The media has given this guy way too much press. We should concern ourselves with helping the victims and trying to prevent this from happening again.
    Yes. This murderer's 15mins of "fame" are up. It's time to stop thinking about how this ******* died and instead think about how those victims lived ... and how the rest of us are going to live. It's time to discuss what we (the citizens) are going to do to ensure such lunacy doesn't happen on our watch. In reality, time is ticking.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Some moron actually took the time to stand those rounds on end on a table simply to provide a frightenning head on photo... amazing. Our tax dollars at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    Someo moron actually took the time to stand those rounds on end on a table simply to provide a frightenning head on photo... amazing. Our tax dollars at work.
    actually, he took the photos himself, as part of some twisted scrapbook he made, with written manifestos, photos, and a bunch of other crap he sent to NBC.

Lead Moderator
    It really does not matter.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

With the little "loops" of jacket visible inside the hollow point, they are a match for the WWB HPs that I have around the house. The flash makes the ones in the middle look silver.

What about the .22 rounds he also used?
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    What about the .22 rounds he also used?
    I bet he didn't even use the .22

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    He also probably used Hanes underwear and Nike sneakers, let's ban them!!!
    ahhh, crap...............

boxers or briefs?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    He also probably used Hanes underwear and Nike sneakers, let's ban them!!!
    I'm for that

I am in the it doesn't matter camp as well. other than media brainwashing and morbid curiosity, why does anyone care?

If he used hp ammo, they'll say he used deadly ammo designed to expand yada yada yada, and call for a ban. If he had used fmj, they would say, he used military style ammo, and call for a ban on that.

The only thing we need to ban is the type of resoning (if you can call it that) that blames the results of murderous rampage on inanimate objects.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I am in the it doesn't matter camp as well. other than media brainwashing and morbid curiosity, why does anyone care?

If he used hp ammo, they'll say he used deadly ammo designed to expand yada yada yada, and call for a ban. If he had used fmj, they would say, he used military style ammo, and call for a ban on that.

The only thing we need to ban is the type of resoning (if you can call it that) that blames the results of murderous rampage on inanimate objects.
    I think that the guy who posted this thread wanted to know if it was his carry ammo because*I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO SOUND HORRIBLE* whatever the gunman was carrying was very effective. At least it seems so. I figure that it wouldn't have mattered what he was using because apparently the gunman shot all of his victims at least three times at close range.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post

+1

chad
    A violent crime happens every 23.1 seconds..... something to think about.

I am fairly certain it was WWB 147gr JHP. The pic released by NBC looks identical to it anyway. In testing, it has fairly good terminal ballistics. Expansion is a little less and penetration a little more than the best JHP 9mm ammos out there, but its not far off.

The police said they know where he bought his ammo that was used in the shooting but will not release that info out of respect for the business. Probably W-M if I had to guess.

Sounds like he was also using the Mozambique drill.

It has been reported that he was carrying about 17 15 round mags, and had 4 or 5 fully loaded mags left when he killed himself as LEO reached the second floor where he was. He possibly would have killed even more if LE had not gotten in when they did.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBayou View Post
    I am fairly certain it was WWB 147gr JHP. The pic released by NBC looks identical to it anyway. In testing, it has fairly good terminal ballistics. Expansion is a little less and penetration a little more than the best JHP 9mm ammos out there, but its not far off.

The police said they know where he bought his ammo that was used in the shooting but will not release that info out of respect for the business. Probably W-M if I had to guess.

Sounds like he was also using the Mozambique drill.

It has been reported that he was carrying about 17 15 round mags, and had 4 or 5 fully loaded mags left when he killed himself as LEO reached the second floor where he was. He possibly would have killed even more if LE had not gotten in when they did.
    That's like the 9th time I've heard the term "Mozambique Drill". What exactly is it? Can you describe it for me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links