Cho Seung-Hui used HST's?

This is a discussion on Cho Seung-Hui used HST's? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They showed some of the recovered ammo from his backpack, I'm trying to figure out what ammo it is. It looks like the Federal HST2's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cho Seung-Hui used HST's?

Cho Seung-Hui used HST's?

They showed some of the recovered ammo from his backpack, I'm trying to figure out what ammo it is. It looks like the Federal HST2's that I have, but I'm opening this up to others. The next thing I expect to hear are calls for banning hollowpoint ammunition again. : (

2. Remove Ads

If I were guessing from just looking at the hollow point, I'd say they could be Hornady XTP's.

Administrator
    does it really matter?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    does it really matter?

+1

The media has given this guy way too much press. We should concern ourselves with helping the victims and trying to prevent this from happening again. Three shots to people lying on the floor, FMJ would be just as deadly. I know people want to know why he did this but lets face it, he was a total nut job and we, the non nut jobs, can never comprehend what was going through his mind.
    -Biker

does it really matter?
    In response to this: "The next thing I expect to hear are calls for banning hollowpoint ammunition again." I would say it does matter.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchun View Post
    In response to this: "The next thing I expect to hear are calls for banning hollowpoint ammunition again." I would say it does matter.
    It doesnt matter because they will try to ban it no matter if it was used in this incident or not.
    Dead is dead it doesnt matter what details are of the equipment that was used.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm personally curious, so I know for myself to put people in their place if they say they're baaad bullets that were used.

He also probably used Hanes underwear and Nike sneakers, let's ban them!!!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by unrequited View Post
    I'm personally curious, so I know for myself to put people in their place if they say they're baaad bullets that were used.
    I laughed when I ready this, not because I thought it was funny, per say, but because to the antis every bullet is a bad bullet.

If he had used FMJs they would use the exact same arguments as if he used armor piercing rounds. Their arguments are ALWAYS the same.. bullets are bad, guns are bad, bullets and guns alike are designed from one purpose ONLY, to kill.

Their arguments haven't changed in decades and it doesn't matter what round is used.

Heck, the guy didn't use a rifle and they are back in arms about banning rifles.. WHY? He didn't use one... They don't care.. they are just using as a sound board to paint EVERY gun as "bad" despite whether it was used or not. Sure, they will try to push harder for things that were used like Glocks and high cap mags, but they'll use this to push as hard and as far as they can for any ammo, any gun, any type, anywhere.

I think this is going to be one of the catalyst for one of the biggest gun debates known to man. I understand that you want to be prepared to defend your ammo, but be prepared to defend it all, not just the hollow points.

Some bullets are designed to do different things.. Some are designed not to penetrate very far to minimize the chances of a by-stander being hurt my over-penetration. Some bullets are designed to mushroom to inflict more damage. Some bullets are designed just to do little more than be a projectile for practice, but the fact of the matter is, every single bullet out there is lethal.. even the .22 which is heavily discouraged in concealed carry. The fact is, even if you get hit with the smallest caliber out there, it's still a bullet and it may still kill you.

People say all the time, guns are designed to kill. Can you really refute that argument? They are meant to kill game and to kill your attacker. Instead of trying to figure out an argument for to refute what they are saying, try to come up with an argument that changes their view on what they are saying.

I had a gal once tell me that she can't stand violence and because she was so adamant in her disgust for violence that she could not condone ANYONE even doing violence in her stead.

My reply was, "Does that mean we should fire all of the police and the military? They do violence in your stead and in your protection."

She had to think about that for a minute and her only response was, "Well, in a perfect world we wouldn't need the military or the police because everyone would be peaceful and no one would have to do violence even to protect me."

I said, "Wouldn't that be wonderful? I think it would be GREAT if we lived in that kind of world. But we don't. There will always be violent and BAD people out there to do BAD things to good people and to take advantage of your peaceful ways and mindset. Who's going to stop them if no one can do violence in your stead? Who's going to keep them from hurting you if no one can meet violence with violence. How are they ever going to be defeated if they aren't fought and who's going to do it if you don't want anyone to do it? I would rather live in a world where good people can at least meet violence with violence and defeat it than in a world where evil is unchecked and allowed to rule."

She closed her mouth and walked away... The argument is not what caliber or gun or this or that is good or bad, the argument is that the more we take away from the good the more we give to the bad. Don't let anyone suck you into a caliber debate or a rifle vs handgun debate or a hunting vs self-defense debate because that's not REALLY the issue and you'll waste your time there.

If you are going to debate, debate on the REAL issue... Good people need to have the ability to meet a threat and to overcome it, Period. Despite what kind of ammo we use.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    He also probably used Hanes underwear and Nike sneakers, let's ban them!!!
    Thats exactly what I was getting at...
    "Just blame Sixto"

If you stand and take it, a big hammer is just as deadly.

I don't mean this as a flame but when I saw that his name was in print I cringed a little.

I refuse to give him any publicity.

I have been referring to him as Pond Scum or Trash.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by unrequited View Post

They showed some of the recovered ammo from his backpack, I'm trying to figure out what ammo it is. It looks like the Federal HST2's that I have, but I'm opening this up to others. The next thing I expect to hear are calls for banning hollowpoint ammunition again. : (
    The ones in the center look like they could be HSTs, but the ones on the outside look like they have gold casings. All of the Federal rounds I've ever owned had silver casings.

look like winchesters to me and who cares it matters not weather you call them the right name or not look at the whole Black Talon deal of years ago

VIP Member
    does it really matter?
    no and should be left alone in this context, me thinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links