45 A.C.P. vs .45 G.A.P. Cartidge - Page 2

45 A.C.P. vs .45 G.A.P. Cartidge

This is a discussion on 45 A.C.P. vs .45 G.A.P. Cartidge within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; AMen... I'll stick with my tried and true .45 ACP Nothing more than Gaston's ego trip. Any gun I carry has ammo available at the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AMen... I'll stick with my tried and true .45 ACP

Nothing more than Gaston's ego trip.

Any gun I carry has ammo available at the local Wally World.
    Last edited by APachon; April 11th, 2005 at 12:36 AM.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Lead Moderator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    I guess I'm just dense. I look at the .17 HMR and say why bother? Then they make all sorts of cool .17 caliber rifles. I look at them in admiration until I realize what caliber they're chambered in and then grumble like a grouchy old man about why can't they just make that same gun in .22 WMR...

Same story different caliber I guess. I don't see the point here either.
    Actually the .17 HMR2 and similar are more ballistically efficient designs. And should give better accuracy. The GAP was made for a shorter casing , therfore a smaller grip. Is it needed? The public will decide I guess.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Terry certainly is a gifted Master pistolsmith
    I have the pleasure of owning several of his firearms. We go back together to 1984.

Yeah, his stuff costs. But if you own one, you know why.

I am waiting to see Para O's LDA out in the .45 GAP. Should be out soon, according to this months Guns and Ammo. Cool thing is that anything they build in .45 Gap, they can do in .40 S&W and 9MM also. I would love to see a Para LDA in 9MM, personally.

Why not take advantage of this aspect when building concealable firearms?
    Because it's more fun to complain about something new that to take advantage of the benefits (however minor they may be). Ego trip or not, it's going to be interesting to see what can be done with this cartridge.

As long as old cartridges aren't eliminated, I don't care that new designs are brought to the market.

Chris

The latest edition of "American Rifleman" features a "micro" 1911 (Defender) in .45 GAP by Springfield Armory on the cover.

I'll be looking at one of these if (hope, hope, hope) we get CCW in NE this year for my carry weapon. Hey, need an excuse to buy another pistol, right??

I'm interested in the small grip aspect as a means to getting my wife interested/acclimated to autoloaders...she hates 'em but loves her wheelguns.

Might be his & hers bottomfeeders in our future since she's said she wants a CCW permit too.
    If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I'm hoping the GAP takes off. I'd like to be able to shoot .45 in a 9mm/.40 size gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatEffective
    I'm hoping the GAP takes off. I'd like to be able to shoot .45 in a 9mm/.40 size gun.
    This is the jist of GAP...just like the .40...No reason it shouldnt take off...if manufacturers come up with new compact designs its a good thing.
    Brad B.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    The Gap cannot be loaded to the same pressures as the ACP.(to the same speed) The .45ACP +P will outrun the GAP with any bullet weight. Stick with the good ol' ACP. You don't need to reinvent the wheel. If you want less power than the .45 ACP then go with the .40 S&W. Remember that all those fishing lures that you see at Wally World are not there to catch fish------they're there to catch fishermen. This is just one respectful opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jnichols
    I am waiting to see Para O's LDA out in the .45 GAP. Should be out soon, according to this months Guns and Ammo. Cool thing is that anything they build in .45 Gap, they can do in .40 S&W and 9MM also. I would love to see a Para LDA in 9MM, personally.
    Um, they already make one, based on the P14 frame. I dont think they make a single stack in anything other than .45ACP, I cant be sure because the PXT extractor turned me off of PO and I dont keep up with the new models like I used to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links