FL banned certain ammo???

This is a discussion on FL banned certain ammo??? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Someone came by the shop a few weeks back and I just remembered what he was yapping about.... He said FL has banned the use, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FL banned certain ammo???

Someone came by the shop a few weeks back and I just remembered what he was yapping about....

He said FL has banned the use, ownership, and sale of .40 ammo.

Is this even remotely true???? Did he misinterpret something else he heard?
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Sounds like BS
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I don't see how one type of ammo can be banned anywhere in the United States. There are much more powerful and deadly calibers than the .40.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    /picks up the phone
    "Hi, BS? How ya doin' buddy!"

Uhh, I just bought a 50 round box of Golden Saber Bonded .40 in Central FL, and a couple hundred rounds of WWB. Where's that can of BS repellant when I need it?
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    of course its true it was on National News, All .40 gone for ever

Please sense the BS
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I don't see how one type of ammo can be banned anywhere in the United States. There are much more powerful and deadly calibers than the .40.

You mean like New Jersey, where you can't have hollow points?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    Someone came by the shop a few weeks back and I just remembered what he was yapping about....

He said FL has banned the use, ownership, and sale of .40 ammo.

Is this even remotely true???? Did he misinterpret something else he heard?
    Total load of crap.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I didn't know there was a ban on hollow points in New Jersey, that's interesting.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Lets see... Florida...hhmm... a state known for its gun friendly attitude... restricting ammo? Yeah, that seems likely! (sarcasm off)

That guy sounds like just another gun store junky who knows nothing about firearms or laws. Probobly borderline mall ninja.

It is banned except for Rasta Narc, the only one in this room qualified to handle this gun.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    [QUOTE=spyderdude;368365]I didn't know there was a ban on hollow points in New Jersey, that's interesting.[/QUOTE
    Praise the lord for EFMJ
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    You mean like New Jersey, where you can't have hollow points?

http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_hollow.html

N.J.S.A 2C:39-3f(1) limits the possession of hollow nose ammunition. However, there is a general exception that allows for the purchase of this ammunition but restricts the possession of it to specified locations. This exception provides that:

(2) Nothing is sub section f (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land . . . [N.J.S.A 26:39-3g (2)].

Thus a person may purchase this ammunition and keep it within the confines of his property. Sub section f (1) further exempts from the prohibited possession of hollow nose ammunition "persons engaged in activities pursuant to N.J.S.A 2C:39-6f. . . ."
    N.J.S.A 26:39-3f. (1).

Activities contained in N.J.S.A 26:39-6f. can be broken down as follows:

1.A member of a rifle or pistol club organized under rules of the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and which filed its charter with the State Police;
    2.A person engaged in hunting or target practice with a firearm legal for hunting in this State;
    3.A person going directly to a target range, and;
    4.A person going directly to an authorized place for "practice, match, target, trap or skeet shooting exhibitions."
    Very limited on what you can do with hollow points...............better NOT shoot anybody with them in NJ.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    It is banned except for Rasta Narc, the only one in this room qualified to handle this gun.

I kinda figured that it was BS........ BUT the guy is a range instructor on PI, so I thought maybe he knew something.

Like normal though.......... HE DOESN'T
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links