Where to buy Federal Tactical online?

Where to buy Federal Tactical online?

This is a discussion on Where to buy Federal Tactical online? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Either HST or Bonded in 45ACP? I found it at a local gun show last month but knew nothing about it. The more I read ...

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Where to buy Federal Tactical online?

  1. #1
    Member Array Mike from Texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    D/FW Texas
    Posts
    152

    Where to buy Federal Tactical online?

    Either HST or Bonded in 45ACP?

    I found it at a local gun show last month but knew nothing about it. The more I read on it the more I'm impressed though.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle
    ********************************


  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member Array Mike from Texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    D/FW Texas
    Posts
    152
    Thanks for the links! Now I feel kinda silly asking this but what's the difference between the HST and the Bonded?
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle
    ********************************

  4. #4
    Member Array myusername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    445
    I've been looking online for pics of the Tactical Bonded after expansion but have not been able to find any. I would like to know the difference as well.

  5. #5
    Member Array johns961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    37
    http://www.mahsupplies.net/ stocks the federal tactical line too.
    The stuff is bonded and has plenty of power. But, I don't think it is any
    better then the speer gold dot or winchester ranger. The ranger is not bonded by the way....

    John!

  6. #6
    Member Array paratroop23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ft. Bragg
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by johns961 View Post
    http://www.mahsupplies.net/ stocks the federal tactical line too.
    The stuff is bonded and has plenty of power. But, I don't think it is any
    better then the speer gold dot or winchester ranger. The ranger is not bonded by the way....

    John!
    +1

    Mike at Mahsupplies is the man!

  7. #7
    Member Array turbo93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    tidewater VA
    Posts
    152
    http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/in...Path=23_76_122


    here is another great place to do business with fast and cheap

  8. #8
    New Member Array slowpoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    United States-Texas
    Posts
    10

    Ammunition purchase.

    Mike,

    I recently bought mine off an auction site. Gun Broker has a catagory for Ammunition sales.

    A bit of warning though about Federal HST may be in order. With the sharp edge where the jacket and lead hollow cavity meet, the Federal HST is not kind to an aluminum feed ramp.

    Winchester Ranger SXT is much, much nicer to my Commander. As is Hydra-Shock.

    I'm not dissing the HST, it just don't wanna play nice with my aluminum frame Commander.

    I hope that helps.

  9. #9
    Member Array Mike from Texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    D/FW Texas
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Mike,

    I recently bought mine off an auction site. Gun Broker has a catagory for Ammunition sales.

    A bit of warning though about Federal HST may be in order. With the sharp edge where the jacket and lead hollow cavity meet, the Federal HST is not kind to an aluminum feed ramp.

    Winchester Ranger SXT is much, much nicer to my Commander. As is Hydra-Shock.

    I'm not dissing the HST, it just don't wanna play nice with my aluminum frame Commander.

    I hope that helps.
    Hmmm. Hadn't looked at it that close yet. I'll check that out when I get home. My be for my XD45 only if that's the case.
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle
    ********************************

  10. #10
    Member Array Spionen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    256
    Ammunition To Go is selling Federal HST in bulk lots. You don't see this very often.

    www.ammunitiontogo.com

    EDIT: I didn't see someone else had posted a similar link above so Moderators can remove this post if they want.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)


  11. #11
    Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,870
    Ammoman.com as well.

  12. #12
    Member Array gunmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Ammoman.com as well.
    Careful.

    I just took a look at his site and his 9mm page states that he's selling a round "loaded with the premium HST bullet." However, if you look at the photo of the box end, it's the older Hi-Shok round, and the cartridges are not nickel-plated.

    As best I can tell, these are NOT HST rounds. But, he's surely selling them at the HST price....

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by gunmetal View Post
    Careful.

    I just took a look at his site and his 9mm page states that he's selling a round "loaded with the premium HST bullet." However, if you look at the photo of the box end, it's the older Hi-Shok round, and the cartridges are not nickel-plated.

    As best I can tell, these are NOT HST rounds. But, he's surely selling them at the HST price....


    The .40 S&W page is accurate, maybe it's just a mistake on his part.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. FEDERAL TACTICAL BONDED 9mm. OR FEDERAL HST
    By The Fish in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 24th, 2012, 03:02 PM
  2. Federal Tactical Bonded 9mm??
    By The Fish in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM
  3. Federal Tactical 147gr vs. HST?
    By alnitak in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 5th, 2008, 02:55 AM
  4. Federal Tactical vs. HST?
    By PhillyGlock23 in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2008, 01:38 AM
  5. Federal Tactical Bonded
    By paratroop23 in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 10th, 2007, 07:33 PM

Search tags for this page

45 caliber hst for sale
,
bonded federal 45 ammo for sale
,

buy federal tactical

,
buy federal? tactical? hst?
,
cheapest federal hst 45
,

fc-45hst

,
fc-45let1
,
federal fc-45hst
,
federal premium tactical bonded ammo for sale
,
federal tatical bonded ammo for sale
,
hst bullet
,
where to buy federal tactical
Click on a term to search for related topics.