9mm Ballistics water 'test'.....(pics)

This is a discussion on 9mm Ballistics water 'test'.....(pics) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just about anything will expand in water or bare gel. The HST and Ranger T do better after encountering heavy clothing. There were some tests ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm Ballistics water 'test'.....(pics)

DRT
    Just about anything will expand in water or bare gel. The HST and Ranger T do better after encountering heavy clothing. There were some tests done over on glocktalk with clothing as an intermediate barrier. HST and Ranger T performed better the Gold Dots EVERY time. So yes, Gold Dot was consistent....consistently worse than HST or Ranger T.

2. Remove Ads

Like I said I tested for myself and always with the heavy clothing simulation and the Gol Dot line performed well. Very well. I'm sure the others perform great too. As I've adressed in another post Large expansion is great but it's not the whole story. The Gold Dot line has a proven street record that can't be refuted.
    As I've also stated before, I can't wait to get my hands on some HST for testing. If it performs as well or better in expansion AND penetration I'll have one more option available to me. I'm not new to this. I've been testing ammo for over ten years.

I have hunted and killed a few deer with .45 230gr GD's and the terminal performance was astonishing.

Would you mind posting a link to that thread from GT? I'm having trouble finding it.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

Thank you. The first link made my point as well as I could have.

Like I said anything that expands over .60 and penetrates good will perform very much the same.

The avg penetration for the HST in that link was .88". The Gold Dot's avg was .72. A whoping difference of .16". The Gold Dot did penetrate more.

Penetration in all cases were as follows: (least to most)

180gr HST
    165gr Golden Saber (non-bonded)
    180gr Gold Dot
    155gr XTP
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links