Magsafe or Glaser in a snubnose

This is a discussion on Magsafe or Glaser in a snubnose within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Factory? - We have CBC (Magtech,) only, and it is VERY expensive! Hah, as far as I have seen Magtech is usually the less expensive ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Magsafe or Glaser in a snubnose

Factory? - We have CBC (Magtech,) only, and it is VERY expensive!
    Hah, as far as I have seen Magtech is usually the less expensive stuff in the states.

2. Remove Ads

Many people in this thread have been successfully marketed to...

Quote Originally Posted by CountShotula View Post
    Hah, as far as I have seen Magtech is usually the less expensive stuff in the states.
    Of all the Magtech I have fired over the years (probably a couple of thousand rounds) about 10% were either "light strikes" or outright misfires (seriously dented primer and no detonation) or SQUIBS. I had a squib that was fired by a friend of mine in MY Sig P226 with magtech range ammo and he fired a followup round with the barrel blocked by the squib. It is a testament to the strength of the Sig that it resulted in a bulged barrel and locked action and nothing else. I wound up selling the Sig because facilities were not available to X-Ray the slide for micro-cracks that could result in a traumatic failure under normal use. Following that experience I vowed two things: Nobody but me fires my guns unless the circumstances are unusual and critical AND I'll never use magtech EVER again, and I will never recommend them to anyone.
    MitchellCT likes this.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Of all the Magtech I have fired over the years (probably a couple of thousand rounds) about 10% were either "light strikes" or outright misfires (seriously dented primer and no detonation) or SQUIBS.
    No kidding, I've had very similar occurrences. When I bought some of their .32 S&W-L for my old Forehand Arms 6 shooter I've refurbed "light strikes" with dented primers became a common occurrence. But I figured for an old gun (over 100 years old) the spring isn't what it used to be.
    I haven't tried any other brands except for Magtech and Federal. I went with Federal after Magtech because their primers are considered the most reliable and "softest" of them all, so far haven't had a single misfire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links