Golden Bear Ammo?

Golden Bear Ammo?

This is a discussion on Golden Bear Ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any good? Or is it just a different name for Wolff ammo. The price is right at $4.26 per box of .223 $106.50 per 500 ...

Golden Bear Ammo?

Any good? Or is it just a different name for Wolff ammo. The price is right at $4.26 per box of .223 $106.50 per 500 rd case. Thought I'd check on the feed back of this ammo before buying some.

ETA - For AR15 use!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I've shot Silver Bear (no exp w/ Golden Bear) and had good results and no mf's, hangs or ftf. I can say the same for Wolf ammo too (.40 and .45). Trigger time is getting more and more expensive so anything we can get that goes bang, kills paper and fills the air with that addictive gunpowder smell works for me at the range!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I have to agree sniper! Ammo cost's are stupid these day's. I bought two 9mm handgun's specifically to save money on ammo. I will have them "paid off" " or basically paid myself back in no time buying the 9mm rather than .45 all the time.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I've used alot of the 7.62x39, in an AK-47 and was very reliable and had good accuracy. I've shot some .223 in my Handi-Rifle, but it's hard to malfunction a single shot rifle... It is however very dirty. I would pick this stuff up over Wolf anyday, I've had bad results with Wolf, mostly in handguns though.

I would say that it's fine to use but dirty...which I don't really care about sicne I clean my guns and it can cost less than other stuff in the store

VIP Member
    Ti I've shot about 500 hundred rounds through my AK and raysheen has it right. I can not tell the difference between Golden Bear and Wolf. Both are cheap and dirty. But being dirty ammo shouldn't hurt because part of the fun of going to the range is when you come home and its time to clean your weapon. Ti I'm not sure on accuracy. I didn't have a problem with it but I'm not trying to hit a nail head at 100 yards either.

Military surplus ammo for rifle calibers is about the only thing that can beat the price of reloading. If you want to shoot more for the same price, it can be done. Just something to think about....

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    It's true that stuff is dirty but cleaning part of the fun!

That's all, that price is hard to beat. Wolff is about $99.99 for 500 rds but I like this ammo better due to they don't have the coating on the cases like Wolff. We watched (in an AR15 carbine class) the Wolff ammo coating peeling off and melting to the inside of bbl I guess from being to hot. But when you are training, your training and your ammo should work and work well. I coating might have changed since then but I just can't forget that one so it's hard to bring myself to buy it.

Ti

it will work but steel cases are hard on your chamber and extractor i will only use brass case ammo in my ar's wolf has 223 in wolf gold thats shoots well is cheep but still a little bit dirty in a 1200.00 ar i just cant bring my self to shoot steel .
    "who are the milita ?they consist now of the whole people ,except a few public officers ."george mason ,virgina ratification covention, june 16,1778

Links