Defensive Carry banner

Glock 26 ammo test

18K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  sdelam 
#1 · (Edited)
Well heres my first post here hope you enjoy.

I did some ammo testing today and thought I'd share. All testing was done with a Glock 26 at 7-10 yards. Through 2 layers of denim. First was some 115gr UMC's. It penetrated 3 jugs and creased the back of the third but did not exit. It measured .535" @ the widest point and averaged about .530"

Next was a Federal Hydro-shock 124gr. It only penetrated 2 jugs but expanded considerably more. It measured .665 at the widest point of the Lead, and averaged about .660. I did not measure the copper jacket pedals thought they stuck out a good bit more and one broke off in the second jug.

Next was a Federal HST 124 gr +P. It Penetrated 3 jugs and creased the back of the third but did not exit. It measured .705" at the widest and averaged about .690.

Since the HST did so well I decided to try it again to make sure it wasnt a fluke. The second shot penetrated 3 jugs, creasing the back without exiting again. It measured .735 at the wides point and averaged .725"

And here is a shot of all 4 slugs with a dime for reference.

See less See more
#2 ·
Excellent report.:yup:

Thanks for posting. The 9mm guys will be interested, I'm sure.

And welcome to the forum.:wave:

#5 ·
Welcome

Welcome to the forum SDELAM,

Nice report - as a 9mm owner I appreciate your making the effort to let us know your results. The HST looks like an excellent choice.

Jim

#8 ·
Nice report!

Are +P's the only available round in the HST line? I am not a +P guy but have gotten a couple 9mm's lately and think I may run it in them.

Ti

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.