Defensive Carry banner

Anybody tested RBCD Ammo

9K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  garyp53161 
#1 ·
Has anybody done any testting with RBCD?

I had the opportunity to put 1 round of 32ACP into a block of balistic gel and the results were not impressive, but it may have been a fluke.

I did a little googleing and found mixed opinions.

http://www.rbcd.net/

#3 ·
As I carry an NAA .32 BUG with Fed Hydrashoks, I'm always looking for something a little more impressive, as there are many occasions when the NAA is the only thing I can carry.

I've seen some very impressive reports and will continue to dig in to this cartridge. Am trying to get my hands on some for a little one on one time. Anyone having any experience with these feel free to put your 2 cents in.

#6 ·
Rbcd

TwoRavens said:
Has anybody done any testting with RBCD?

I had the opportunity to put 1 round of 32ACP into a block of balistic gel and the results were not impressive, but it may have been a fluke.

I did a little googleing and found mixed opinions.

http://www.rbcd.net/
I have some for my Glock M27 and paid something like $40 for 20 rds! Not cheap. I did so on the advice of a buddy of mine a well respected member of the SpecOps community and known there as a CARNIVORE those who understand the terminology of that elite group understand the title. He SWEARS by these rounds in .45ACP

I understand that these rounds have entered into a series of impartial tests to determine their true potential. Have to wait and see. In the meantime, while I may not use RBCD exclusively, I will find a place for them in a mag or two as part of my backup loads. IOW, I'll take my bud's word for it.

#7 ·
ExSoldier762 said:
He SWEARS by these rounds in .45ACP
these rounds have entered into a series of impartial tests
I'll take my bud's word for it.
ExSoldier762,

A friend and I took a bite out of the bullet a while back and bought and tested, for ourselves, .32, 9mm and .45 RBCD. In each Cal the results were extremely impressive. But the .45 was beyond belief.

If you do any kind of testing of RBCD be sure the target is warm. I think 84 + degrees F at least. A warm carcass of your choice or large roast might be just the medium to use.

I find the claims on the RBCD website very believable after trying it for myself.

Happy hunting.

#8 ·
32acp RBCD AMMO

Their 32acp results in Ballistic Gelatin looked good on their web site page.
There is a photo there of all calibers ~ gelatin tested.
How HOT can you ever make a 32 though?

RBCD Performance Plus 32 ACP 37 gr. TFSP
shot at 30' into 8"X8"x12" 10% Calibrated Gelatin through four sheets 13 oz. denim cloth. Entrance from right end, no exit!

HERE IS A LINK TO THE RBCD GELATIN TEST PAGE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#9 ·
QKShooter said:
Their 32acp results in Ballistic Gelatin looked good -
How HOT can you ever make a 32 though?

QKShooter,

Improvements in launching platforms (firearms=rockets=and who knows what else) have been developed right along with improvements in what is being launched. (rocks=fireworks=nukes=electro mag emmisions=?????) Some day the lowly .32 may well launch very impressive projectiles. Not a perfect analogy but hope you get my drift.

Why does their ammo hold shape and penetrate cold ( less than body temp ) and yet cause extreme Expansion Cavities in warmer mediums? (bodies of warm flesh etc)

I suspect the answer to that question might be indicated in their US Patents.

As I wrote in an earlier post- I think 84 + degrees F at least. A warm carcass of your choice or large roast might be just the medium to use.

Here are some comments from a conversation with someone else who actually uses RBCD that very well reflect my own real life experience with their Civvy rounds:

S----------

I had a friend of mine pick up some RBCD ammo for his glock 23. It damned near blew a coy dog in half.

It was actually kind of large for a coydog around here, it was probably just a stray/wild dog. Weighed in at just under 65lbs (looked like it was part rottweiler). The bullet hit the yotedog almost dead center in the rib cage on it's left side. The bullet pretty much turned the inside of the yote unto mush. The heart was pulp, the lungs were a gooey mass and the ribs on the right (exit side) were shattered.

The whole argument about this bullet seems a little silly to me. When did the test media become more important than the actual media we'll be using the bullets against?

------------
Even though it is expensive it is not hard to obtain... the mailman brings my orders in just a very few short days after I place an order.

Quote from their website-

Ammunition may be purchased from RBCD Performance Plus Distributors / Dealers / Retailers
http://www.rbcd.net/distributors.htm

or ordered direct from the factory by calling 1-877-688-5985.

General Information: customerservice@rbcd.net or rbcd2@earthlink.net

#10 ·
tommy ~ others

That is a valuable post that you just offered up.

I was always one of those guys that pretty much stuck with whatever high quality factory ammo (hollow points) fed & functioned 100% in my firearms & was popular locally & with local LEOs ~ For years I have been using Gold Dot in almost all calibers & carrying 1 extra mag of Gold Dot & one filled with Glaser because it did not ricochet (which is very important to me) to have as an alternative available ammo.
I never did get much feedback from other shooters since I shoot/practice alone and I prefer it that way.
Many Moons ago I tested Glaser out myself (expensive to test) on Pork ribs & spoiled roast & I was satisfied with its performance FOR MYSELF as being effective enough for my intended purpose.
Now it is time (I think) for me to expand my Ammo Knowledge Base & I am paying close attention to this thread.

"I had a friend of mine pick up some RBCD ammo for his glock 23. It damned near blew a coy dog in half.
It was actually kind of large for a coydog around here, it was probably just a stray/wild dog. Weighed in at just under 65lbs (looked like it was part rottweiler). The bullet hit the yotedog almost dead center in the rib cage on it's left side. The bullet pretty much turned the inside of the yote unto mush. The heart was pulp, the lungs were a gooey mass and the ribs on the right (exit side) were shattered.
The whole argument about this bullet seems a little silly to me. When did the test media become more important than the actual media we'll be using the bullets against?"

#11 ·
QKShooter,

Be sure and add the page linked below to your reading and study before you buy and test RBCD. PM me if you would like to view the astounding pix the archive didn't save.

http://web.archive.org/web/20031213141451/http://www.lemasltd.com/1Shot/c9mmcoldnhotB.htm

I will be most interested to hear of your experience.

Check out the RBCD Penetration and Expansion Chart and let us know if you think it is realistic after you test in a warm "medium". ( btw- from my experience I feel it is accurate )

http://www.rbcd.net/Personal Defense Ammo.htm

Cavities produced are permanent cavities not temporary stretch cavities

Have fun.

#14 · (Edited)
Interestinger & Interesting...er

Good "timely" Addition FLM
Looks like I'll need to continue to do my own personal unoffical "Buy It And Shoot It Myself" testing. Some things never change like me always taking everything with a grain of lead.
I guess...asking & giving opinions about ammo is like jumping on the forum & asking what firearm to buy.
After 25 people reply & name 22 different firearms and makers...you're right back to Square 1 again. :biggrin:

I think I would like to check a few of those velocity figures out for myself anyway. :squareeye

I don't think THAT bullet (BELOW) is the BMT BLENDED METAL BULLET
A soft core lead sphere surrounded by a shell of harder lead backed up by a nylon ball inside a heavy copper jacket.
Sounds nifty though & worth playing around with.
But, I don't think that is the CBQ SPLP Blended Metal bullet.

#15 ·
This Link

CLICK HERE

You MUST ~ Check out that WARM BEEF ROAST toward the end of the VID!
That is a MUST SEE! ~ THAT is the temp sensitive Blended Metal bullet. :eek:

La Mas/ Stan Bulmer is the dist of the BMT Bullet.
RBCB makes the bullets for La Mas
I'm guessing RBCB of Texas also makes other bullets.
The one being tested in the VIDEO ABOVE is:
BLENDED METAL TECHNOLOGY
CQB SPLP (H)
MILITARY & LAW ENFORCEMENT

There are several Blended Metal Technology Bullets.
APLP (Armor Piercing Limited Penetration)
HARPP (Hardened Armor Penetration Priority)
SPLP (Soft Point Limited Penetration)

ARE YOU GUYS CONFUSED? I am. :confused:

#16 ·
Doc Roberts is currently doing some thorough testing of RBCD. It'll be interesting to see the results. Keep in mind that any high velocity frangible round will produce a nasty wound. If you look at the wound made by a Glaser here, you'll see a terrible looking, but shallow wound. There's a reason the FBI requires at least 12" penetration.
http://www.firearmsid.com/Feature Articles/102000/JohannesburgTraumaUnit.htm

#17 · (Edited)
QKShooter said:
CLICK HERE

You MUST ~ Check out that WARM BEEF ROAST toward the end of the VID!
That is a MUST SEE! ~ THAT is the temp sensitive Blended Metal bullet. :eek:

There are several Blended Metal Technology Bullets.

ARE YOU GUYS CONFUSED? I am. :confused:
QKShooter,

I think Le Mas is involved (only ?) in the RBCD LEO/Military ammo (sales/?development?).

What I (and other people that I know) have tested and use is RBCD "Personal Protection" and "Big Game" Ammo.

The test you viewed in the video probably was done with the LEO/Mil rounds but the disappearing roast test is the same - just not with armor piercing capability. :eek: ---My warm meat went away too!--- :eek:

(wow what a convoluted sentence)

RBCD offers a very large list of Cals in their "Personal Protection" line
http://www.rbcd.net/Personal Defense Ammo.htm

and in their "Big Game" line
http://www.rbcd.net/dga.html

home page- http://www.rbcd.net

#18 ·
tommy...I checked that out.

I think I might hafta spend a few bucks just ta see that 45ACP 90 gr. head on out of the barrel at 2036 fps :silly:

btw...Looks like the warm meat pics cooled off. :biggrin:

#19 ·
Hi
I just bought some rbcd .32 ammo for my keltec p32 and tried it today at the local range.

just shot paper targets but the ammo veered way to the right on every shot which kind of ticked me off for the expense of the ammo, shot other Grizzly Extreme and that stuff kicked ass but jams real easy when trying to manually eject a bullet due to the cuts in the bullet itself and the bullet is a little long for the p32

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.