Winchester White Box - Page 2

Winchester White Box

This is a discussion on Winchester White Box within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shoot it all the time its a little dirty....well really dirty. I like PMC a little better but its all right stuff. Have fired through ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Winchester White Box

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Shoot it all the time its a little dirty....well really dirty. I like PMC a little better but its all right stuff. Have fired through all my guns with only a little problem but would not use it for carry. Only Speer gold dot for me. Its all new ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    No offense intended. I hear you with how the money gets spent. I'll run enough of the defense loads to be satisfied they'll function in my gun. But can't afford to use that for routine practice either. Got 3 kids, 2 dogs and other demands. I've used WW, Remington & UMP or my own reloads. Not an exact duplicate of the carry ammo, but close enough for me.
    No offense taken, sorry if I sounded a little gruff there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've had 1 squib in 200 rounds in a G26 with WWB from WallyWorld. I used to buy it for plinking and general practice until I did the math and found that I could get a far higher quality factory ammo for not all that much more if I bought it right.
    Last edited by dbeacon; September 12th, 2007 at 05:26 PM.

Never had any problems with WWB ammo, it may be that the failure rate spoken of is because it is problably the most widely used for practice ?

Have probably shot 4-5thou of 9mm with several pistols;
    maybe 8 FTEx and only one FTFire (Primer was hit by the striker).But no squibs.
    The FTEx were sometimes at end of a session when I may have limp wristed.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Thousands of rounds of WWB 40S&W with only one failure to fire. Waited a minute, rechambered that round and it fired just fine.

WWB is cheap, and I've not had any problems with it. I use S&B these days because it is (IMHO) just as good and a bit less.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

WWB is cheap, and I've not had any problems with it. I use S&B these days because it is (IMHO) just as good and a bit less. Both are reliable practice ammo.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    WWB is cheap, and I've not had any problems with it. I use S&B these days because it is (IMHO) just as good and a bit less.
    I agree I use S&B for 9mm and .30carbine
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I had two primer issues yesterday, which locked up sig p226 mk25. I had to give the top of the chamber a few taps to get it unlocked. I think that I just got a bad box. I usually don't have issues with this ammo.

No problems for me using .45, .40 and 38 special +p. Mostly wwb or Remington ball ammo.

I've had great luck shooting WWB by the hundreds, however now that I reload, I find them to be more accurate.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    have shot many thousands of WWB in 9mm .40SW and .45 ACP, one failure to fire in my 9mm XD. fired on the second try.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

alive.jpg

Six years, two months, three days. Is this some kinda record? Or at least close?
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I agree with QK on this one. Of all the value ammo I have ever shot, WWB is the worst. I will take wolf steel cased any day over that.

I had a SIG 40 cal that would chamber and fire anything reliably. The only problems I ever had with that gun was with WWB. Same in a Steyr, and Kahr I had. Though to be fair, the KAHR didnt chamber well on any ammo I tried.

I mentioned the results to the gun store where I bought all 3 weapons, and they indicated that they had had plenty of complaints on the WWB.

If others love it, and it works for them, its no skin off my nose. But its my least favorite cheap ammo out there. I wasnt kidding about wolf running better in my guns that the win.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links