Defensive Carry banner

Dick's Sporting Goods Ammo Sale

15K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  glock27mark 
#1 ·
Hey Y'all,

Just a heads up, Dick's in NC has pistol ammo on sale thru 9/29.
Rem UMC 9mm FMJ - 10+ boxes @ 6.98/box
" " .38 SPL/ .380, .45acp/.40S&w - 10+ boxes @ 11.98
I'm not connected with Dick's Sporting Goods in any way, shape or form.

Eric

#2 ·
I was planning on shopping Dicks later today - for some 32 cal. ammo.

Thanks to you I'll be sure and check it out TODAY, as next weekend there'll be a wedding (my daughter - so I better be there).

Guess I outta bring some $ and stock up on 380 and 9mm also.

#5 ·
I'm back, after my trip to Dicks.

My Dicks had NONE in 32 ACP. Not even an empty shelf where it might have once been.

Her excuse, we're a new store and can't order ammo (until we've been open a year) to establish what sells. OK, but .....

My comment was if you've never had it you can't sell it, therefore you won't establish a demand for it.

She did apologize and state that many people have asked for different types (and sizes) of ammo that they don't carry.

I would think they'd create a list of these asked for items. Hey, maybe a pattern would develope and they could start carrying it.

So I went to Walmart and bought the only two boxes of 32 ACP that they had.

#7 ·
i bought my ammo from dicks last time and had THE worst experience ever...
Waited 45 minutes to get someone to come to the gun area (this includes running around trying to find ppl, waving at the camera, etc)
The guy hands me the box of ammo (i cant pay for it there)
I get in a LONG line since there is only one cash register (wait 20 mins)
The lady there cant do the transaction. has to get managers signature because its handgun ammo (5-10 mins).
Finally get the ammo and it ends up costing more than I thought (actually more than wally world after all) because the guy I was talking to last time I was there told me the wrong price.

Ill pay the extra buck and go somewhere else.

#8 ·
I have never been a fan of Dick's Sporting Goods. They entered Texas by purchasing Galyan's Sporting Goods (which was a great place). Galyans had a good selection of pistols, rifles and shotguns. As soon as Dick's buys them they quit selling handguns. The guys behind the counter said that pistols did not fit within the corporate ethics of the company. That ended my ever walking into that store again.

#16 ·
Same deal here in VA...they bought out Galyans and down to the depths of err well you know...it went. Galyans used to carry buttloads of climbing gear too. I just had that experience last week. I went in expecting to buy some new rope, maybe a few new carbiners, chalk, etc... Couldn't find anything. Asked the guy at the counter: "Didn't this store used to sell tons of climbing gear and other such stuff...?". His response: "Oh no, that was when it was Galyans"....
Climbing and firearm gear aint the only thing down the pooper there anymore either. Their camping/hiking gear is down to next to nothing too. I kid you not...the camping/hiking gear section can't be more than 3-400sqft and what used to be that kind of stuff is taken over by the golf stuff. Golf stuff takes up an entire half floor.

Clearly they have their priorities out of order or they're not watching their price lists or something. Everytime I've been in there there hasn't been more that one person in that whole darn golf section, but there have been folks crowding around the tiny camping area, the hunting area's and the outdoor shoe area (which has also pretty much deminished)....where oh where will packinnova go for his next pair of merrells?:slap:
Bunch of Bass-turds!...or crappies...whichever you prefer:dead:

#9 ·
I worked at Dick's over the summer. It really sucked that they don't sell pistols. When people came in and asked about pistols, I made sure to have the address and the phone number of a local gun shop to send them to. I'd usually talk guns with them for a few min and then they'd be on their way to check out the store I told them about.

On a side note, I was the only person in the lodge that actually knew anything about firearms. It's a shame because I'm mostly a handgun guy. My knowledge of rifles and high end shotguns is VERY limited.

Another side note: If you're stuck waiting at the gun counter at Dick's just pickup the nearest phone, select one of the in-house lines, dial 700 and then say "Customer assistance to the gun counter." It might piss them off but if they were doing their job you wouldn't have to do that.

#10 ·
Seems to me that licking the boots of a company that turns it's back on handgunners isn't very wise. Probably better to purchase your ammo somewhere they fully support your RKBA. Wally World is no better than Dicks in that regard as they also do not sell handguns. I don't think I would spend a nickel in Wal-Mart for any reason

#11 ·
+2 :congrats:

But, but, but... What's my right to KBA matter, when I can save $1 on a box of ammo??? Who cares if my money is surreptitiously going to support anti-gun legislators? Who even cares if it's shoddy quality ammo? Why should I give two-hoots whether or not I am able to shoot my guns and protect my life in the future, when I can have that everso warm-and-fuzzy feeling of having paid less than I should, TODAY? Hey man, a buck is a buck! :blink:

People simply RE-FUSE to consider quality when it comes to ammunition. Every post on every thread on every forum, within two or three posts, inevitably degenerates into PRICE! Fact is, 90% of the public breathes through its mouth. All they see is the price on the side. They have no sense of value whatsoever. Sad.

Premium ammunition, like Fed Match, Magtech, Remi GS, Win Ranger, Hornady, etc., at discount prices represents a good VALUE. Third tier ammo like, Blazer Brass, WWB, Wolf, etc., are CHEAP. There is a tremendous, qualitative difference.

And yes, I know that my saying this will not change a blinkin' thing!

#13 ·
I just picked up a case of 9mm. I would of bought more but I parked far from the store. The 45acp ammo is the same price at WW so I was not going to buy that from Dicks.

I did not see the sign for the 38's or I would of picked a case of that up as well. maybe next time.

#14 ·
But, but, but... What's my right to KBA matter, when I can save $1 on a box of ammo??? Who cares if my money is surreptitiously going to support anti-gun legislators? Who even cares if it's shoddy quality ammo? Why should I give two-hoots whether or not I am able to shoot my guns and protect my life in the future, when I can have that everso warm-and-fuzzy feeling of having paid less than I should, TODAY? Hey man, a buck is a buck!
Whats the alternative? Where else can I get a 100 rd box of .40 target loads for $22? Every range around me carries re-loads, but they run $15 dollars/50rd box. Short of investing a lot of money in re-loading equiptment or buying 1000 rds at a time in bulk, what are the options for the every day Joe.

#15 ·
I hate to admit it but you can still buy handguns at Wally World. Just have to order them. They have a catalog to chose from at the sports counter, just have to ask for it.

#22 ·
I haven't bought ammo from a chain store in years. Especially the PC ones like Wal-Mart and Dick's. No disrespect to the people working there, at the gun counters I mean, buy a book and find a clue. Maybe you should move to the shoe department.

#23 ·
I personally do not like Dick's. If you don't catch a super sale there the ammo is always way overpriced. It also seems that they don't keep a big stock of it in as the shelves seem bare a lot. Maybe I've just had bad luck ... hope others have had better.

#24 ·
I managed to get one of the sales at dicks for 6.98 for 50 rnds when you buy 500. Add to that a coupon for 10 bucks off when you buy $50 or more, it's not a bad deal, especially considering the rising prices for ammo! :frown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.