Black Hills 9mm Pistol Ammunition

This is a discussion on Black Hills 9mm Pistol Ammunition within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw Black Hills 9mm ammo at Cabela's for d decent price and wondered if anyone had experience w/ it. Was looking at the 9mm ...

I saw Black Hills 9mm ammo at Cabela's for d decent price and wondered if anyone had experience w/ it. Was looking at the 9mm 115gr exp jhp, and the 124gr +p jhp for carry ammo in my pm9. It seems to be good quality and cheap enough to practice w/ w/o crying. Any feedback would be helpful.

http://tinyurl.com/244wov

Ok, I'm answering my own question. Called the company and found they load bullets w/ Hornidy xtp bullets. Sales are ~30% LE, 40% public, 30% military. I'll try a few boxes and report back.

I have fired off a bunch of black hills ammo, both new and remanufactured in several calibers. I have always found it to be first class stuff. I have never had any kind of issue with it other than being able to find it when I go shopping.

Black Hills is quality ammunition...I use it for carry in 9mm 124 gr. HP and .45acp 230 gr. HP. Always goes bang and seems to expand well in the few rounds I have recovered from wet phone books and water jugs...the most accurate ammunition I have used to date. YMMV...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

I have shot lots of BlackHills in 9mm Exp and +9 and never a failure.
    Very good ammo for the price to keep in the cache or carry.

Iíve not used the Black Hills pistol ammo but Blue Box 223 is my rifle ammo of choice, I suspect their pistol ammo would be the same high quality.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Quote Originally Posted by NE45 View Post
    Iíve not used the Black Hills pistol ammo but Blue Box 223 is my rifle ammo of choice, I suspect their pistol ammo would be the same high quality.
    Wish it was available like it used to be.... I remember paying $16 for a 50 round box of the 52gr hp's
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Quote Originally Posted by bunchok View Post
    Wish it was available like it used to be.... I remember paying $16 for a 50 round box of the 52gr hp's
    Agreed! I should have bought a couple of cases of 60gr VMax but hind sight is always 20-20. Last year I had trouble finding that load, finally went to the red box. Hopefully there's more available this year even though the price is higher.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Links