Read About The Father Of Fmj

Read About The Father Of Fmj

This is a discussion on Read About The Father Of Fmj within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A couple of VERY NICE FREEZE FRAME PHOTOS & a SHORT INTERESTING READ on a bit of Handgun Bullet History. GUNZONE FMJ INFO CLICK HERE...

Thread: Read About The Father Of Fmj

Administrator

Post Read About The Father Of Fmj

A couple of VERY NICE FREEZE FRAME PHOTOS & a SHORT INTERESTING READ on a bit of Handgun Bullet History. GUNZONE FMJ INFO CLICK HERE
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    The above is an interesting read. These simi-new bullet designs are a engineering marval IMO. I still have a grunch of the ORIGIONAL "Black Talon's".(the real ones,not the Rangers or SXT's or whatever else that they called them after the liberal press jumped their a$$) I have killed deer in Maine with the excellent .44 Mag. loading(250gr.) Out of my Desert Eagle with the bullet cutting a rib going in,it still took both lungs and the top of the heart and exited the far side leaving a hole that I could just barely put three fingers in. This deer was a 241lbs. field dressed. Probably 265 live weight. The .45ACP loading is what I carry in my 3" Kimber for CCW. It is a fairly hot load but can still double tap,multiple targets,spaced 5ft.apart with great accuracy. The reverse tapered jacket was(is) great for penetration. I still have my doubts as to weather the Starefires,GoldDots,Hydra-Shocks,Golden Sabers,etc.,etc.,will penetrate to my satisfaction. But that's another debate that is best not rehashed. We each have our own opinions. And we all know what opinions are like.--------

Yes they're amazing. But I'm not terribly excited, and do you know why?

They'll be banned or restricted to law enforcement like so many other good loads, us peasants will never see them, end of story.

Lead Moderator
    Not sure if they make em for handguns yet, but the Barnes X bullet seem pretty good for performance. All copper , with no lead. It expands and has sharp edges all over for more damage.

Efmj

Found these here about EFMJ.

http://www.ammoman.com/40_EP_DESC.htm
    Attached Images
    _Don_

Assistant Administrator
    Could be they are about as ''good as it gets'' - for a (technically) non HP bullet. Performance seems pretty reliable and I expect feed issues should be minimal.

I want some in 0.356 dia, 0.357 dia and also 0.452 dia. For starters.

Then some 0.429's would be just dandy! (well, wishes ain't taxed yet!)
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thumbs up Efmj

Check 'test Bed' at www.stoppingpower.net for results of testing. Do a search.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Iíve fired several different handgun loads, through pine boards and denim into water jugs, in an attempt to clog the hollow point and make them not expand. Most hollow points clogged with wood and denim fibers, turning them effectively into FMJ like projectiles. I was tring to see for myself the validity of other test results from gun magazines and the internet. These EFMJ bullets flattened out every time. I had trouble feeding them in a 45 ACP colt 1911 which is why I donít used them but they feed well in 40 S&W Sigs, Glocks , and my XD40. Iíve found the flatter nose bullets, like these EFMJ, tend to not feed well in 1911ís.
    "EVERYONE is operating with only partial information" :hand27:
    Some Wise Guy, USA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Not sure if they make em for handguns yet, but the Barnes X bullet seem pretty good for performance. All copper , with no lead. It expands and has sharp edges all over for more damage.
    Barnes does make a .44mag 300 gr. hunting round. Don't know that it would be too impressive below .45 cal, since you would want high-speed and a big "mouth" (aka Speer's "flying ashcan") to open up reliably.

Sponsored Links