Mag Question

This is a discussion on Mag Question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if this is in the right spot...but oh well...if its not can someone move it? I have a magazine for my S&W ...

Thread: Mag Question

Mag Question

I don't know if this is in the right spot...but oh well...if its not can someone move it?

I have a magazine for my S&W 5906 thats stamped "SMITH & WESSON SPRINGFIELD, MA RESTRICTED: Export, Law Enforcement, and Government Use Only. S/N xxxxx"

Its a 15 round mag. My best guess is that it was made when we had out "assault weapons ban" that limited civilians to 10 rounds or less.

I bought the pistol privately. The guy I bought it from said it was a retired LE pistol. Is it legal for me to have a magazine thats stamped for official use only? There is nothing special about it at all besides the stamping on it....its just a regular mag.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a police magazine that was made during the dark ages of the assault weapon ban! It is legal to own and use that magazine now. Beautiful dog in your pic!

My advice is to stock up on "high cap" magazines now!
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

VIP Member
    Since the ban ended in 2004 it is not a problem to have mags with a capacity of more than 10, except in certain states. You can go to places like CDNN Sports and find categories like Civilian Legal Mags, Marked LE. No problem for you in Texas.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Yes most states

Absolutely legal to have in most states.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Links