Blended Metal Technology

This is a discussion on Blended Metal Technology within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mtnbkr Virginia Arms here in Manassas has them on the shelf and ignores the LEO ONLY crap on the box. Come on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blended Metal Technology

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr
    Virginia Arms here in Manassas has them on the shelf and ignores the LEO ONLY crap on the box.

Come on up, stock up, and then visit the NRA range and museum.

Chris
    I'll try to do that. One of my students lives in Sterling, and I go up there every so often. I used to live in Manassas, but it was a different world, then.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Tom357
    But the facts remain, that the cutting edge is out of reach to a large part of the gun-owning public, and the general public is NOT trusted with guns even in some so-called "gun-friendly" states like Virginia.
    Ok, I mistook what you were saying. "Not available", and "not relevant" are a bit different. I occassionally buy "exotic" stuff because it is either fun to touch off, or might be useful, SHTF(Brains!Brains! kersplatt! ); most of my "stock" are Corbon, Fiocchi, some Silvertips, and some older Remington LE JHPs (124 gr +P+). Put them where they need to go, and the "old stuff" will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Ok, I mistook what you were saying. "Not available", and "not relevant" are a bit different. I occassionally buy "exotic" stuff because it is either fun to touch off, or might be useful, SHTF(Brains!Brains! kersplatt! ); most of my "stock" are Corbon, Fiocchi, some Silvertips, and some older Remington LE JHPs (124 gr +P+). Put them where they need to go, and the "old stuff" will do just fine.
    And this is where QK's point comes into play. While it is important for us to stay abreast of new developments, by the time innovation makes its way into products to which most of us have ready access, it is no longer cutting edge. As you say, "the old stuff will do just fine." And some of the ammo companies are giving us old stuff - old designs and old technologies, and that is what we have to choose from on the shelves.

Crane's statement makes a huge assumption, mentioning LEO's and CCW's in the same breath. I wish CCW's were viewed with such charity. CCW's could be sort of like the first responders of the citizen militia, but that isn't the reality. I agree that CCW's, from a defense perspective, need access to the ammo and technologies that will defeat the BG's, regardless of what they do. Call me a pessimist, but the only place I see support for CCW's is on these fora. What I see and hear off the web, is that LE wants to keep as much technology as possible out of the hands of civilians, that CCW's are just particularly dangerous civilians from the LE perspective, and that CCW's are considered fringe lunatics by the masses.

At least, that's the way it feels, today; but, I'm probably just in a bad mood. My employer has announced a "Violence in the Workplace" policy that looks like it was written by the law firm of Schumer and McCarthy. I'm trying to decide whether to fight or resign.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

"One should always know the nuances of policy and procedure, so that one is intimately aware of when, and how best, to circumvent them."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links