Rem-UMC .45 acp JHP

Rem-UMC .45 acp JHP

This is a discussion on Rem-UMC .45 acp JHP within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in Wallyworld looking for good deals on ammo and I found 100 round boxes of Remington UMC JHP's at a very good price. ...

Rem-UMC .45 acp JHP

I was in Wallyworld looking for good deals on ammo and I found 100 round boxes of Remington UMC JHP's at a very good price. I bought a box of .45 and another of 9mm just to try them out, and I'm having a problem with the .45's.

As I was loading some Sig P220 mags the shells were hanging up, and on close inspection they appear to be a bit too long for the mags. They loaded and seemed to work fine in my 1911 mags though. The weather has kept me from going to the range this weekend so I can't say how they shoot.

Has anyone had any experience with this ammo, particularly problems with the length of the .45? Any comments at all about the quality of the ammo would be appreciated also. Thanks.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

UMC 230 gr FMJ is what I have in my 1911 right now. I have never had any problems at all with this stuff. I have never tried the UMC JHP, I would be interested to know how they work in a 1911. there should be some kind of maximum overall length for 45 ACP that should prevent any factory round from "hanging up" by being too long.

G&G
    I recently got a 1911 Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail in 45acp. It was used with less than 100 rounds through it so it's still in the break in stage. I've put 100 rounds of Winchester White Box and 100 rounds of Blazer Brass through it and have had some Failure To Return To Battery issues. My last time at WalMart I picked up the Remington 45acp JHP. My 1911 loves that round. Not one failure of any type with all 100 rounds. I've got 50 rounds left of Blazer Brass to use up but I'll be buying that Remington JHP round from now on.

A pistol is like a woman. You've got to find what works to keep the relationship in good working order.
    Be ready. You can't make an appointment for an emergency.

Links