Defensive Carry banner

Aguila .22 ammo

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Superhouse 15 
#1 ·
I recently purchsed a box of Aguila Super Colobri .22 ammo. I wanted something quiet for getting rid of pesky (read destructive) squirrels in the yard. Quite an impressive round, it sounds like an air rifle out of my bolt action Marlin rifle! It travels about 500fps, w/ a 20 gr. bullet, perfect for the use I intended it for.:hand10:

#2 ·
The Super Colibri is very useful stuff - I bought some years ago and have plenty left. :smilez:

I seem to recall however a suggestion not to use in long barrels because of lack of ''oomph'' - anyways mine come out of a Single Six Ruger - very nicely :wink: If yours exit the rifle barrel then that's good.

#4 ·
If's it's working for your purposes, great.

Quote: "It travels about 500fps" I've not chronoed the stuff, but question if it's eveng going that fast.

I tried it in several different guns and found the typical best "group" to be around 3" at 15 yards - with occasional flyers beyond that. Not exactly "minute of squirrel".

At around 720 fps, I found the CCI CB loads much more accurate. But, considerably more "powerful" too ...

#5 ·
If's it's working for your purposes, great.

Quote: "It travels about 500fps" I've not chronoed the stuff, but question if it's eveng going that fast.

I tried it in several different guns and found the typical best "group" to be around 3" at 15 yards - with occasional flyers beyond that. Not exactly "minute of squirrel".

At around 720 fps,I found the CCI CB loads much more accurate. But, considerably more "powerful" too ...
Not exactly "minute of squirrel". :rofl:
They seem to be fine, one awning chomper already found out! I think the Marlin's "micro groove" barrel helps, I live in a rural area but don't think the sound of gunfire would thrill my goofy neighbors much.

#6 ·
Colibri

I have fired a bunch of the regular and super out of a couple of rifles and never had one fail to exit, although I do remember reading that warning. A friend has a jig made up that holds one round in a hard steel block so he can file a little flat point to increase the impressive terminal ballistics:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.