federal 9mm

federal 9mm

This is a discussion on federal 9mm within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have purchased a new pistol (M&P9), which is a new bullet for me also, 9mm. I carry a .45 with Winchester Ranger at work ...

Thread: federal 9mm

federal 9mm

I have purchased a new pistol (M&P9), which is a new bullet for me also, 9mm. I carry a .45 with Winchester Ranger at work and same bullet for B/U in .40. The new pistol is 9mm and work does not provide ammo in the caliber yet. We are in a freeze right now.

So, I am attempting to decide which round to carry and came across this; 9mm Federal Law Enforcement Tactical Bonded 135gr. +P Hollow Point and like what I have seen so far.

Anyone have any experience with this round? What’s the idea grain for this caliber? This pistol will be used in tactical situations in a vest carry so a good round with penetration capability is also needed.

The reason for a new pistol was due to wanting/needing a tac light for clearing and our current firearm (Sig P220) does not have a rail. I shoot a .45 pretty well, but shoot a 9mm with great efficiency and great accuracy which can make the difference in a situation as breaching/room clearing. Just FYI, the main firearm for this type of incident is an S&W MP15 and the pistol will play a back up roll.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Personally I prefer the Federal Tactical 124+P round. My M&P loves it and it appears to be a very accurate round. There have been a lot of feed issues with the M&P 9's but I haven't had any with this round.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    I work for a "Federal Ammo" department. We issue the .40 HST and have found that it is clean burning, accurate and has a grat level of QC. I have shot the 9mm HST and found it to be no different. That is all we have issued for a long time. With that being said, I carry the Winchester Ranger T 127gr +p+ in my Glock 19 off duty.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Sponsored Links