Defensive Carry banner

Buffalo Bore ammunition

13K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
I was in a gun shop yesterday and heard a customer speak about Buffalo Bore Ammo. He seemed highly impressed with it and spoke highly of it. I looked up the site later at home and it speaks of some mighty impressive numbers. The ammunition is also rather expensive. Has anyone any knowledge or thoughts about this ammo?
I am considering it for my S&W 642 snubbie that I presently have loaded with Federal 125 gr. Nyclad hollow points. I have about run out of the Nyclads and only have a few of the old fashioned 158 gr. Hydroshocks left, so I'm looking for a good replacement for them. I have ordered a box of .39 Special ammo from Double Tap and purchased a box of the Speer 135gr. GoldDot short barrel ammo to try out.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT BUFFALOBORE

link added by qkshooter

#2 ·
I hunt whitetails with their 300 grain .44magnum offering. Had pretty good luck with it. Sorry, but can't help you with the snubbie solution.

#3 ·
Buffalo Bore ammo is good stuff!

I use their 158 grain LSWC/HP load (part #20C/20) in my Colt Cobra. +P performance without +P pressure.

A bit pricey @ $21.95 per 20 rounds, tho, but well worth it, IMO.

#4 ·
Buffalo Bore is good stuff

I do carry Speer GoldDots in my snubbie but would not hesitate to carry Buffalo Bore and I have 180gr .357 to carry when I go into bear country

#6 ·
It's accurate and it's expensive.

It is also noticeably hotter than other ammo loaded to the same specs.

Noticeably.

#7 ·
It's accurate and it's expensive.

It is also noticeably hotter than other ammo loaded to the same specs.

Noticeably.
If you're referring to what Buffalo Bore calls their "heavy" loads, this is true.

Not the case with the standard pressure .38 Special load I cited.

#8 ·
I'd be enthused to try some over the chronograph, both the +P and the standard stuff. Reports on the Buffalo Bore non +P 158 grain load indicate that it is fully as potent as is the "Fedingchester" +P 158 grain loading.

I keep thinking that there's no free ride and the pressures must be on up there but folks are using it and singing its praises. Guess I'll scribble in "test Buffalo Bore ammo" in the things to do list.

#9 ·
Dittto: Good Stuff and High Quality.
They have some different stuff that you'll not find elsewhere by any other ammo maker.
They are now making the HOT HOT .45 SUPER ammo for the Ace conversions.
Their low muzzle flash ammo always gets great reviews.
Their .45 acp ammo is excellent and is the only BB ammo I've shot personally.

STRONGLY suggest that members check out their personal-defense ammo offerings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.