Extreme Shock Ammo

This is a discussion on Extreme Shock Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have also read the article in G&A this month. I am curious about this ammunition because I have a .32NAA that I will carry ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme Shock Ammo

I have also read the article in G&A this month. I am curious about this ammunition because I have a .32NAA that I will carry in summer when shorts and a T-shirt are my 'uniform'. (You know -- the necked down .380 case that increases velocity to 1200fps. CorBon makes the ammo).
    I have a video clip --- (I wish I could send it here, as an attachment),
    It's a 'Freedom Outdoors' program segment where Karl takes a 200lb. Russian boar with a 60gr. PDF (Personal Defense Round), from Extreme Shock, fired from 20 yards with a .32NAA Guardian pistol. The boar runs off perhaps 30 or 40 yards and is 'stone dead' when they get to him!!! They comment along his blood trail that the hemorraging is unbelievable!!
    Now, of course I want the absolute most nastiest, devastating round I can find for this little pistol, so after viewing the video, I ordered a box of the stuff. (Fish hook in my mouth here???) I really don't know! I wish I could find some better testing results. It's not supposed to penetrate as ordinary bullets do. The theory -- as I understand it --- is that the wound channel is really huge without great penetration. The bullet is supposed to "catastrophically disintegrate".
    When a 60gr bullet can take out a 200lb. wild boar with a shoulder hit, I'm kinda going to believe it's 'bad stuff' and sit up and listen! Especially when I have one of these little pistols!! Would I stake my life on it??? Well --------- probaby not without seeing some additional, more scientific testing than the 'Box of Truth -- but it's very interesting!!!
    "Courage is being scared to death ...... but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

2. Remove Ads

Here's a link to the video mentioned above. Be forewarned!! This is a HUGE video clip -- 26MB -- about 13 minutes playing time.

Sounds like a perfectly unbiased opinion to me.

Here's a link to the Box O Truth test. I don't get the impression he's totally negative but that he feels the cost may not justify the performance. You be the judge.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Extreme shock ammo is a lie and a half.

They make up techno-babble to sell extremely over priced bullets. Their claims about "Density mass" are just filthy lies. Density and mass are units of measure. It's like saying weight distance and velocity liters make your bullets extra deadly.

Plus, they claim their bullets are "expanding rotational cones" something which violates the laws of physics. Once fragmentation occurs the particles head off in a direction tangential to their rotation. It is impossible for the fragmented parts to spin around the original path of the whole bullet.

Guns and Ammo continues to show what whores they are.

/Nytrillium isn't anywhere on the periodic table either and doesn't follow any chemistry naming conventions. Just a made up word.

//Someone else said it better: "Anyone that uses explosions or lighting in their marketing is selling trash and Extreme Shock Ammo has both."

WOW -- Albatross --- you are certainly 'anchored' in your position!!!

I'm still curious about the concept. Did you watch the video?? Great Scot!!! A 60 grain bullet from 20 yards, drops a 200lb. wild hog!!!??

That certainly gets my attention!! (Especially now that I own the .32NAA and want it to be real nasty weapon for self defense!!!)

I'm just not ready to call BS on this concept. Just wish I could find some testing that doesn't involve water jugs and drywall.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    ....I am curious about this ammunition because I have a .32NAA that I will carry in summer ...
    Stick with CorBon. It's a quality round. I don't carry it in any other cal, but it beats the Ninja killers any day. Side note; exstreame shock discontinued the 32NAA.

I carry the 32NAA every day, be it a primary or b/u.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Hey, Desperado:

If you want to support a company that claims their products defy the laws of physics, you got right ahead.

Buy all the ammo with "density mass" you want. Its a free country and you can spend/waste you money any way you want.

None the less, I am 'anchored' in my belief that their bullets do not defy the laws of physics and that makes Extreme Shock a bunch of liars. If you want to do business with liars/thieves be my guest.

Extreme Shock should be ashamed of themselves.

/They have a special place in hell for thieves and liars.

Albatross,
    Please tell us how you really feel!
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

rhinokrk ---- I'm surprised to see that Extreme Shock discontinued the .32NAA cartridge!! It wasn't that long ago that I acquired a box! A quick check of their website confirms it! It's not in their catalog any longer. Extreme Shock - The World's Most Advanced Ammunition Maybe the box I have should go in a cool, dark place for a few years ---- a collector's item someday???

Thanks for that information.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    They only thing I have found to legitimate about their product is that their price may induce "extreme shock".

I won't use it for self defense, unless it is all I have left and the zombies are about to overrun me.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Their verbiage may be misleading and stupid, but results speak louder than words. The way that hog was bleeding out was beyond any smoke & mirrors game. It's not about penetration with this stuff--it's about creating massive hemorrhage and overloading the nervous system ('shock,' in the medical sense of the term).

Whether you believe them or not, if you were to shoot a BG in self defense with that ammo and he dies you could have a heck of a time in court defending your ammo choice, if a prosecutor decides to get ambitious.

Stick with what your local PD uses, and carry enough gun.

Quote Originally Posted by sjp2452 View Post
    Their verbiage may be misleading and stupid, but results speak louder than words. The way that hog was bleeding out was beyond any smoke & mirrors game. It's not about penetration with this stuff--it's about creating massive hemorrhage and overloading the nervous system ('shock,' in the medical sense of the term).

Whether you believe them or not, if you were to shoot a BG in self defense with that ammo and he dies you could have a heck of a time in court defending your ammo choice, if a prosecutor decides to get ambitious.

Stick with what your local PD uses, and carry enough gun.
    Your advice re: The legal side of choosing 'Devastating Ammo' vs. what the PD uses gives me pause to reconsider using this stuff. That may be very 'sage' advice, considering the state of our courts today!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Your advice re: The legal side of choosing 'Devastating Ammo' vs. what the PD uses gives me pause to reconsider using this stuff. That may be very 'sage' advice, considering the state of our courts today!!
    IMO, surviving the legal proceedings afterwards (at least the criminal end) is every bit as important as surviving the gunfight. If I lose either, my family loses me. Therefore, losing either is unacceptable. That doesn't mean I'd hesitate to shoot--just means I'm gonna do everything I can before the stuff hits the wind-producing device to minimize my chances of winding up in the slammer. I used to be part of the "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" crowd...till I went with a prison chaplain into a real jail and saw men walking around in scrubs & slippers, looking like caged rats. Makes me sick just thinking about it. Thank God for the freedom you have--don't squander it.

cj
    In looking up a similar question recently, I had found a site which revealed Nytrilium's (or however they spell it) secret makeup: lead with a nylon ball behind it.

I think a good validation of this ammunition would be to name a single police force, special forces squad, 'contractor' (such as Blackwater) etc. which actually uses the stuff. If it's really that effective, someone out there would be using it and there would be no reason not to name them. After all, is WAS developed with "Over ten years in co-development with Special Operations Groups and Federal Law Enforcement".

If nothing else, I got over buying anything with badly photoshopped images surrounded by lightning bolts once I got out of high school.

Administrator
    I'll let you ya'll in a little secret... If words like "extreme" or "anti-terrorist" are used to market the product, they are aiming at the lowest common denominator in order to sell JUNK!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Good ammo sells itself. Others need to be sold.

Look at Black Hills. Federal HST/Tac Bonded. Ranger Talon. Golden Saber. Corbon/DPX

They just work.

No ninja or counter terrorism related advertising material. No weird terms for the material in the ammo.

The bullets are produced, it is sold and it produces results

I'd rather have the Black Hills remanufactured JHP ammo in my gun than new Extreme Shock.

At least with the Black Hills blue box JHP I know exactly what I'm getting: a Winchester USA brand 115 grain JHP on used brass loaded to 1150 FPS with the same powder that the new ammo gets, as well as the same care in assembly.

Is it the most advanced JHP in creation? No.

It is reliable, accurate and consistent. It is also cheap enough that you can afford to test it on a regular basis.

Can you say that about Extreme Shock?

Can you even say that you can afford to put a single magazine of Extreme Shock down range every month?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links