Defensive Carry banner

looking for CHEAP .22LR

6K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  SilenceDoGood 
#1 ·
anyone know where the cheapest place to get .22LR ammo is online?
is there such thing as getting it cheaper than the federal 550 box at walmart? I am looking for ammo in BULK- we keep buying the local walmart out of ammo and having to get it elsewhere which is more expensive. any suggestions?
our one requirement is that it is plated.

#7 ·
Start driving to other Wal-Marts in the area....
I totally support that notion. I live in WallyWorld home territory and every one is different. If you don't want to waste gas---just look them up and call before you go. Ever heard of the 'bucket-o-bullets'? Nice bulk 300-500 round plastic containers full of 22lr--copper plated, I also have some of the buckets of 'golden bullets'. I have so much in the 22lr plinking department, I haven't bought any in a few years except my Remington 'targets' for silhouette matches.

#11 ·
Point of information: AmmoMan (AMMOMAN.COM) offers FREE shipping, so while its prices may be similar to other places, you don't have to drive and use gas, and (depending on where you live) you might not have to pay sales tax!

#12 ·
Go buy a couple hundred rounds of .44 mag or .308 win...

After that, ALL .22lr seems cheap :)

#14 ·
yea ok. i have looked at all the suggested other placed to get it, and for what i want, walmart is still way cheaper.
as far as driving to the next nearest walmart.. thats a 2-3 hours drive in clear weather. which we never have.
thankfully my fiance will be visiting from downstate so he is bringing ammo up with him from the walmart there. after that, i think we will have to talk to walmart about ordering more for us, although i doubt thats possible.
i love walmart and all (sarcastic), but they dont exactly have knowledgeable people working there, and doing something like ordering extra ammo i dont think is as simple as a task for them as we would think. it often takes a looong time for them to even figure out if they have any more in storage, and nobody has every been able to give me an estimate of when they will be getting more. ill ask though.

#15 ·
Best price I could find is $160 for 5000 rounds of CCI on MidwayUSA.com - not such a great deal I guess. IIRC I used to go to my local Big 5 sporting goods store and buy 525 rounds for 10 or 15 dollars in the bulk packs of Remington. Do you have any local sporting goods type stores?

Austin

#16 ·
yea. thats still way more expensive that walmart.
at walmart i can get 550 rounds for $12+tax.
my problem is we buy them out of ammo every week.
ill try and get ahold of whoever runs the place and tell him to start getting more

#17 ·
Contact the store manager, If that does not get it done, call and ask for a number ot reach district, they will get things done.

#18 ·
Ive shopped around here in Indiana. And wally world wins hands down. Also if you have a big-r store there prices are competitive also. I shoot cci blazers for plinking and use cci standard velocity in my pistol for target work and cci velocitors in my 10-22 for small game hunting.
Sixgun

#22 ·
Natchez Shooters Supplies the thing about online vs wally world is online makes there money for shipping and processing fees. Where wally world makes there money by volume. I ordered 1k 9mm at .2103 a round after shipping and processing, it was like .2105 at wally world, so i saved 2 ten-thousands of a penny everytime i shoot. Sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.