Bought ammo lately

This is a discussion on Bought ammo lately within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just went to Wally-World. Ammo went up over $3.00 a box. When will it stop? It goes up that much every year..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought ammo lately

VIP Member

Bought ammo lately

Just went to Wally-World. Ammo went up over $3.00 a box. When will it stop? It goes up that much every year.......

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Yes,even wally world goes up.A few weeks ago they had good deals on ammo.I don't think it will go down much.

CCI Blazer Aluminum $7.99 at Academy. They (Academy) rumor it'll double this year.

Yikes!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    People are finally starting to smell the coffee and are wondering what this election/world affairs will bring. A friend works at a gun shop in Florida and told me they travel the circuit every weekend. His shop sells between 400 and 600 guns regularly, with some weekends pushing 800 guns. Some are repeat buyers, but most are new gun owners entering the fray. So, we've got more people getting in and manufacturers and retailers smell blood in the water. I'm glad I started buying when I did and am not just now getting in.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I agree with sniper, with all the local news and elections I don't think there will be relief anytime soon. I have been trying to buy 50-100 rounds a week with spare money in my budget (poor college kid) to get a stockpile started. I am trying to save money and buy a 9mm so I have something cheaper too shoot that my 45

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    MadDog - I just went through your thought process and decided to get a second 1911. After a shorter (18.5" - 20") barrel for my 870, I plan to buy a .22 conversion kit for one of my 1911's. .22's are a lot cheaper to plink with. Just something to think about.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I was talking to a gun show vendor last weekend and he told me the best thing that ever happened to his business was the days before the ASB went into effect. He's anticipating another banner year in 2009.

No question part of ammo price increases is due to the increased interest in private gun ownership. This really started in 2007, as raw material for Copper, Steel, Lead started rising due to the housing boom in China and India.

There were 2 LPI's in 4 months - Sept 1, 2007 (25%) and Jan 1, 2008 (15%). Usually retailers will raise prices immediately, but it looks like WW kept prices stable and increased them as inventory moved.

Th Confederate Yankee does a really good job in dissecting the shortage and myth's, especially the Police shortage myth and the Iraq war shortage myth.

Confederate Yankee: Misfire: AP's Bogus Ammo Shortage Story

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    MadDog - I just went through your thought process and decided to get a second 1911. After a shorter (18.5" - 20") barrel for my 870, I plan to buy a .22 conversion kit for one of my 1911's. .22's are a lot cheaper to plink with. Just something to think about.
    Now that you say that, i would love to fix the itch for a 1911 and go with a 22 converion kit for plinking..... I was looking at a used glock 19.... choices choices. Would it matter what 1911 I choose, or do they only make the conversion barrels for certain ones?

Once my grandpa gets back from FL he is going to teach me how to reload, that will help me out a lot..... I have boxes upon boxes of brass, just a matter of time!

Bought ammo lately?

Bought gas lately? Or groceries or movie tickets or anything else? Your poor old dollars just ain't worth very much, and it will only get worse.

Actually, ammo prices aren't all that bad. Back when gas was less than 30 cents a gallon, .22 ammo was just under a dollar a box of 50, and I was paying almost $5/box of .45. We got spoiled by relatively cheap ammo prices in the last few decades.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Yep, cost of living as a whole is getting worse.

I'm trying to stockpile ammo, but I have this problem where I shoot it as fast as I buy it. I can't help it! I just keep thinking that I can't get enough practice/training.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Maybe time to invest.
    DILLION
    MEC
    RCBS
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

If one think guns and ammo are flying out the door now, wait until after the elections in November. I don't think we've seen anything yet. Folks are starting to catch on.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

VIP Member

Bought ammo lately

Today

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    We should pull together and do a boycott for about one week and see if we can't drive down the prices. Then make a run on it. I recently found Blazer Brass at wally world for $7.65 a box for 40 cal. My friends and I questioned the sales person and they assured us it was correct. We cleaned out about 5 stores. It is now over $12.50 a box.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links