sportsmans guide

This is a discussion on sportsmans guide within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone ever order ammo from Sportsmans guide? I was wondering how they are to deal with. Did you have to get a membership?...

Thread: sportsmans guide

sportsmans guide

anyone ever order ammo from Sportsmans guide? I was wondering how they are to deal with. Did you have to get a membership?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I've ordered from them several times, and always had good experiences.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Always good experiences, but good luck in finding anything in stock. The sister company - Cheaperthandirt.com ships from different warehouses and the shipping prices are different. Again, good luck finding in-stock items.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

They are alright if its in stock. They have a habit sometimes of misrepresenting some things like magazines. Back when they were running their 12 AK mags for $75 it was a lot of fun. I got some real nice mags outa that. But they have also shipped nasty wrong stuff at times too. You gotta be careful.

Yea... a membership is a good way to go if your going to get some sort of discount for joining. Often you can get a deal at that point for like Free shipping or something and buy a bunch of heavy (but in stock) ammo and pay for the membership almost.

I have had no problems with them. As to having a membership, unless you order a lot of stuff I don't think it is worth it. I never have enough money to order enough to make it worth my while.

VIP Member
    Give them a call and make sure they have the ammo in stock if you need it in a hurry. If you do not have a rush for it and they are out of stock, they will put you in back order and they will honor the selling price. If you join the club, they usually give you coupons & discounts enough to kill the shipping charges.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    I've ordered a lot of things throughout the years from them, including some ammunition. I've never had any problems from them, but I agree calling ahead to make sure they have your item in stock is a good idea.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Always been good to me!

I buy a lot (too much?) of stuff from Sportsmansguide and have never had any problem with them. On the one occasion when I received defective merchandise (a tent with a bad door zipper) they were very good about taking it back.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Just bought 7.62x39 500 rounds from them, cheapest I could find online. They did a good job w/everything. Came out to like 104$ I think..

Good stuff. I have bought about about 8-10 cases of ammo from them. Always cheaper than what I can get locally, especially when you get $10 off 99$ or more and no tax. Usually makes shipping for a case of ammo $4. The membership is worth it if you buy enough. I have almost exclusively bought handgun ammo from them for the last year and almost all of it wolf. Works out to saving me about $50 a case usually if not more. I lucked out last summer and secured a case of .223 wolf for $144. It was out of stock but by the time I got it, cases were up $70 for the same thing. If you are only buying a box or two I wouldnt say the membership or the shipping are worth it though.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

I order from them all the time. In fact, I'm placing an order tomorrow. I have never had any major problems. Returned an item without any problems. There were two times when an item was out of stock but they were labeled "limited quantities" anyway. Overall, great place to order from.

They are great to deal with. I have never had problems with out of stocks. They tell you when you order when expected arrival time is if it is not in stock. Also, you do not have to be a member, but you save alot of money if your order from them often. It shows you the price diff. that members save on the site. I have ordered $1000's of worth of things from them
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgoldhammer View Post
    anyone ever order ammo from Sportsmans guide? I was wondering how they are to deal with. Did you have to get a membership?
    If you order enough the membership pays, the first order is free shipping and two $10 no min purchase coupons come with your card; however you don't have to.
    Easy to deal with.
    I have gotten mixed or the wrong ammo a couple of times; but, not so wrong that it caused problems.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I've bought lots of stuff from them, including a recent 500 rd. lot of .40 cal ammo. I've never had a problem. I've bought clothing, ammo, shooting supplies, boots, and have even had to return a couple of things. Returns were no problem, except I had to pay the return postage.

Links