Hollow Points for Safety or Extreme Damage

This is a discussion on Hollow Points for Safety or Extreme Damage within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think this guy needed a different lawyer. Maybe to point out that we aren't Wyatt Earp shooting the gun out of the BGs hand. ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Hollow Points for Safety or Extreme Damage

I think this guy needed a different lawyer. Maybe to point out that we aren't Wyatt Earp shooting the gun out of the BGs hand. This is life or death self defense. Also, safer for "others" that may be in the vicinity. While the objective isn't necessarily to kill the BG, it is our intent to stop the threat.

2. Remove Ads

Why do most of you keep hollow points in your gun?
    Off the record------maximum damage. If asked in court----limiting penetration...................;)

I carry the same ammunition that the local LEOs do - and I get it from the same suppliers...

I carry HP ammo so that I wont be accused of shooting some gang banger with that bad ammo that military units use. You know, the kind that can be described as "cop killers".

Tongue firmly implanted in cheek.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Well, I liked the name on the package, it sounds cool. Gold Dot's, sounds like candy. The box looked cool and the marketing of the fine package drew me to buy those bullets.

I wonder how they would respond to that answer?
    Dadsnugun likes this.

First, if I have to shoot someone, it’s not to get there attention; It’s to put them down hard so they no longer pose a threat to me and my loved one.

Second I would prefer for my bullets to stay in the BG instead of traveling three blocks down the street to hit an infant being strolled by mom.

It doesn't matter if you use hollow-points, a hammer, or just a big rock. The object is and always will be, to portray you as the bad guy, and portray the real criminal as your victom. After all, the real crime in their eyes, was defending yourself. If people defend themselves, we won't need them, and if we don't need them, then they no longer have power over us. Your rights, the law, the constitution, justice, none of that matters, the only thing that's important to them, is that they maintain power over their surfs. Ten out of ten authority figures, prefer their pesants ignorant and unarmed.

I am the OP, I kind of forgot I started this topic.

Anyhow, I should have stated that the girl was 17, and she broke into a mans house, was going to steal drugs and money she knew he had, he resisted, there was a struggle, and she shot him point blank in the head with a 38 loaded with hollow points. There were wittnesses.

The county prosecuter stated over and over again that she loaded her revolver with hollow points to inflict as much damage as possible. DUH!!!!

I might also add that the guy was a drug dealer, sold to high school kids, and had hooked the girl that shot him on drugs. Guess he got what he deserved. The girl just got sentenced to 28 years in prison with no chance of parole. They waited until she was 18 to sentence her as an adult. I was on the Grand Jury a year ago when this incident first happened.

So, now let the controvery commence!!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    When on the witness stand I always used the term to cause trauma to the body. The Hollow Point is designed to stay inside with out over penetration. Meaning you have to shoot the BG less, if I to shot the BG multiply times his blood would leak out quicker and possibly causing the BG to die and my intent is to stop the BG not necessarily kill him. Worked for me...........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

So in other words she committed a robbery,and as a result the guy resisted and she shot him,regardless of the extenuating circumstances that is Murder.And one of the reasons i carry is because even tho i'm not a drug dealer there may be some "junkie" lurking around waiting to rob somebody to get their "fix".And in a criminal case even if you used a hammer to kill sombody the prosecutor will make it sound like you used the force that Mark McGuire uses to hit home runs when you swung that hammer again and again

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    I am the OP, I kind of forgot I started this topic.

Anyhow, I should have stated that the girl was 17, and she broke into a mans house, was going to steal drugs and money she knew he had, he resisted, there was a struggle, and she shot him point blank in the head with a 38 loaded with hollow points. There were wittnesses.

The county prosecuter stated over and over again that she loaded her revolver with hollow points to inflict as much damage as possible. DUH!!!!

I might also add that the guy was a drug dealer, sold to high school kids, and had hooked the girl that shot him on drugs. Guess he got what he deserved. The girl just got sentenced to 28 years in prison with no chance of parole. They waited until she was 18 to sentence her as an adult. I was on the Grand Jury a year ago when this incident first happened.

So, now let the controvery commence!!!!
    I see no problem with what she got. She broke into his house - a felony. She was armed - armed criminal action; another felony. Then shot the guy while in the commission of a crime - another felony.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    I see no problem with what she got.
    Yep, there is justice here. In the pusher's case, of the poetic variety (if he is, indeed, the one who got her hooked).
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

If we had the Castle Doctrine in Ohio.... Well maybe soon... There is a Hearing in the State Senate this Wednesday.
    In Ohio the victim has a duty to retreat. How stupid is that? In any event a junkie breaks in with a weapon.. shame on them boy, girl, man, woman, kangaroo.. they earned it..
    Nobody can protect you better than you!

Quote Originally Posted by omle54 View Post
    In Ohio the victim has a duty to retreat. How stupid is that?

VERY In fact, it's just about one of the stupidest things a politition ever devised. Retreat in the face of evil?? As if evil might be merciful?? Pffft...Don't these fools know that it doesn't make a bit of difference to an armed robber whether he shoots you in the chest or in the back?? He's still going to get your wallet either way. Meanwhile, you've had to turn your back to a felon with a gun. I'd be willing to bet their are a lot of innocent carriers who are forced to lie to the police in Ohio to protect themselves from such absurd non-sense.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

I opted for HPs (.40S&W in 155Gr & 180Gr) partly for stopping power, but more for safety. From what I've read, HPs are more likely to stop in the target, posing less risk to bystanders. This is no replacement for "know your target and what lies beyond it".

Also, .40S&W is the round carried by the Police and Sherrif's Department around here. FWIW... the PD carries M&Ps and the SD carries Glocks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links