.32 NAA problems????

This is a discussion on .32 NAA problems???? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, for about 3 weeks, I've been the proud owner of a North American Arms Guardian in .32 NAA. Nice small pistol. Carries great. When ...

Thread: .32 NAA problems????

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar

.32 NAA problems????

Well, for about 3 weeks, I've been the proud owner of a North American Arms Guardian in .32 NAA. Nice small pistol. Carries great.

When I bought it, I also picked up a couple hundred rounds of FMJ and several boxes of JHP, all Corbon.

The hollow point functions flawlessly. Not a hiccup.

When I shoot the FMJ out of it, the force of the recoil actually recess the round into the brass of the remaining rounds in the magazine.

I contacted Corbon about this issue, and they promptly exchanged the ammo for a different lot. I took it out today with the same results with the new ammo. I also contacted NAA to inform them of this issue, just so they were aware.

I know there are several of you who own this particular gun and I want to know if anyone else has experience this with this caliber? I've heard of it in revolvers, but never in an auto.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

2. Remove Ads

Ok, This may be the first time I've never had a single response. I even had a pretty picture.

I guess I was restrictive with the question, but I'd really like a little input and discussion with the problem. From anyone.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

WOW!
    That is the worse case of setback I have ever seen. You state that all remaining rounds set back like those in the picture... that is an ammo issue. If it were only the next round in the mag, I'd say the feed ramp was cut to long. However, looking at the exploded view of the pistol there is no feed ramp. If not the feed ramp (with only the next round setting back), it would be a mag or frame issue.

Have you checked the JHP, during firing?

I'd call NAA by phone and ask to talk to a gunsmith, or the shop supervisor. You don't need to talk to a customer service rep, if they can't connect you to the aforementioned people, ask to talk with the CEO... it works.

I own a 32NAA caliber pistol made by KT, and never had a problem with the JHP, I've never shot the FMJ though.

Good luck.

I
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    I own a 32NAA caliber pistol made by KT, and never had a problem with the JHP, I've never shot the FMJ though.
    I thought the 32NAA was developed specifically for North American Arms, hence the 32NAA designation. I wasn't aware that Kel-Tec made anything in this caliber.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

A new bullet 32 shorts,did you try a different brand of fmj mybe the crimp on the corbon isn't tight enough

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    A new bullet 32 shorts,did you try a different brand of fmj mybe the crimp on the corbon isn't tight enough
    Unfortunately, that's one of the problems with the 32NAA -- virtually no selection for ammunition. I'm not sure if anyone other than Corbon manufactures ammunition for it other than Glaser who makes their Glaser Blue Safety Slug Ammunition for the 32NAA. Extreme Shock was making ammo for it, but I believe it has been discontinued. The only thing I could suggest would be to get a set of these and re-crimp the factory ammo before using it. Obviously, CorBon has an issue and needs to resolve it before someone blows up a gun, but that doesn't help you in the mean time. The only other suggestion I could make would be to trade it in for a 380 NAA Guardian.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I have its little brother the NAA25. And Ive only shot about a box of Corbon hollow points though it, with no problem.

From hand loading experience, Id say that Corbon did not seat and crimp the bullets correctly. I would call and make Corbon and NAA aware of it.

I would shoot a box of hollow points to make sure thats the problem, and then only carry the hollow points.

WOW, thats very interesting. Glad I bought the .32ACP now more than ever.

Keep us posted on what the companies do.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    I thought the 32NAA was developed specifically for North American Arms, hence the 32NAA designation. I wasn't aware that Kel-Tec made anything in this caliber.
    At the time the P3AT was coming out one of the KT gunsmiths came up with the idea of taking some 380 barrel blanks and machining them to fire the 32NAA cartridge. there were 30 made, a dozen were sold to senior members at KTOG, the rest were sold / given to KT employees. they are top end conversions - barrel, slide, recoil guide rod, and springs. You can find them for sale every now and then on online auctions.

pm me with any other questions, so we don't hijack this thread.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    At the time the P3AT was coming out one of the KT gunsmiths came up with the idea of taking some 380 barrel blanks and machining them to fire the 32NAA cartridge. there were 30 made, a dozen were sold to senior members at KTOG, the rest were sold / given to KT employees. they are top end conversions - barrel, slide, recoil guide rod, and springs. You can find them for sale every now and then on online auctions.

pm me with any other questions, so we don't hijack this thread.
    OK, didn't know that! I thought you were talking .32ACP

jarhead79 (great holster BTW!!!): Sorry to hear about your issue, I did look at the 32NAA a few times, but was leery of buying a gun that had basically only one manufacturer of ammo.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    OK, didn't know that! I thought you were talking .32ACP
    They make a 32ACP, P32.

Sorry for the hijack.

There are two manufacturers that make .32NAA that I know of, can't remember off hand. I sent Corbon an email after the second batch and haven't heard back. The GM at NAA is in on the email threads, as well.

Nate

Links