I have a funny feeling. - Page 2

I have a funny feeling.

This is a discussion on I have a funny feeling. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My typical load is 7+1 of 9mm in my Kahr P9 plus 8 rounds in the spare ("extended") mag for 16 total. Alternately, if I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a funny feeling.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    My typical load is 7+1 of 9mm in my Kahr P9 plus 8 rounds in the spare ("extended") mag for 16 total.

Alternately, if I were to be carrying the BHP in .40S&W, it would be 10+1 in the gun and another 10 in a spare mag, for a total of 21.

Looking at the previous responses, I'm beginning to think I'm a lightweight!

How odd. There's definitely a trend here. Most people are close to that 25-35 range I had guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    IF you carry for defense, ALWAYS carry a backup mag. If you need a gun, you're liable to need it a lot. Forget the stats that seem to suggest that the average civilian gunfight in self defense occurs at a range of contact out to seven yards and only lasts a few rounds. Forget the stats or risk becoming a stat. I think most folks here will support this opinion.
    See I agree with what ExSoldier says here but not for the same reason.
    I carry reloads for the express purpose of not being effectively unarmed or underarmed in the wake of an incident, and to satisfy Mr. Murphy because I am paranoid. It's the same reason I carry multiples of almost everything on my person.

With the P99, I carrry 15+1 and an additonal 15 rounder. No BUG for me, so I am at 31.

If I am carrying one of the 1911's, it's 8+1 with an additional two mags in a belt pouch, so that's 25.

There's also at least one pig poker and a Mini-Mag light.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

1952 - 2006
    I'm usually carrying my Kimber CDP compact with 7 rounds and 1 spare mag with 8 rounds. So for me, 15 rounds.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I carry 3 different guns as primary so...
    >Glock 19 with +2 floor plate for the mag in the gun and 1 in the chamber and 2 spare G17 mags with +2 floor plates for 56 total
    >Glock 20 15+1 in the gun, 2 spare mags with +2 floor plates for 50
    >Para Ord P14 .45 14+1 in the gun 2 spare mags for 43
    Then I carry a BUG about 50% of the time; Grendel P10 .380 with 10 rounds.

Assistant Administrator
    Motto - for BG's.

Do NOT mess with Combat Carry personnel - even on a good day
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    I'm usually carrying my Kimber CDP compact with 7 rounds and 1 spare mag with 8 rounds. So for me, 15 rounds.
    I'm with you, Bob. 15 rounds.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

With my primary (BHP) I carry 2 15 Round mags for 30 Rounds. I usually don't bother putting the extra round back into the mag after chambering one.

I carry the extra mag for the same reasons as listed here previeously: In case of a malfuntion with the primary mag, and better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

In my "throw something on for a quick milk run" mode I use a J Frame with 2 speed loads for 15 rounds.

If traveling cross country I keep more mags in the vehicle, with extra ammo, in addition to the truck gun (SKS with 140 rounds of ammo in a bandoleer on stripper clips)
    Randy
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Kimber Ultra CDP II ,7+1,and extra mag w/7. In truck another 12 rds. in ammo carrier. I could carry a backpack with 3 guns,18 mags and 250 rds. of ammo. Then will I be "ready"?? Hey,you guys and gals carry as much as you think that you will(or might) need. OBTW make sure that ya'll have an extra weapon and ammo--- for me. Thanks in advance.--------- P.S. I know,I know. And I'm sorry.------

On my usual kick around days I carry my Kahr PM9 with 6+1 and a spare mag of 6 9mm 124gr+P Gold Dots. So it would be 13 for this set up.

If I am going to any place that might be questionable I would have my Sig P229 with 12+1 and a spare mag of 12 357sig 125gr. Gold Dots. I would also have my PM-9 as my BUG. Total ammo = 38.

If I need more than that then I have somehow got myself into a war and should have brought a rifle. :D

be well . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links