Defensive Carry banner

Vintage Box Of Old HOT HOT Super Vel

8K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  OD* 
#1 ·
Oh Golly Gosh...How old is this box of hollow point "Flying Ashtray" ammunition? :confused:
And I am older than that! :eek:
I thought some of you younger forum members might enjoy seeing this photo of SUPER VEL vintage ammo.
This was THE Kick A$$ .45acp Ammo of the day.
And they still look like they were just made yesterday.

See less See more
#2 ·
And I am older than that!
Shucks QK - THAT old is it?!! :banana:

Bet is was mega spendy when available - hmmm - box of 50 - in today's meney could well have been $50 or more.

#6 ·
"woh I wouldn't mind having a box or two of those. Are the cases reloadable?"

Yep, reloadable. I only have this one box.
As much as I am really wanting to shoot them all up...I think I'm going to just hold onto them for a few years & see how much it climbs in value. I remember it was fairly EXPENSIVE ammo back then.

#8 ·
Thinking About It

I am More Vintage than an old box of Super Vel.

Super Vel went out of business in 1976 just FYI

I think (way back when) the Secret Service used the 110 gr .357 Super Vel loading.

#9 ·
Similar theme - here is a small selection of old .22 mostly - some is the old, old copper type cases - very corroded now and most will not fire. I have had some of these since early 60's.

Just a bit more ammo history.

#12 ·
Here's My Pix

My modest collection of military .45 ACP ball ammo.

#16 ·
Bud Welcome Back!

I don't see any gauze bandages on your forehead so...I'm guessing that your initial debut with The Glorious Smith & Wesson 500 Magnum went OK? :biggrin:

That looks so nice.

Concerning the Super Vel ammo. You get it when I croak. :dead:
You hafta wait till then. :wink: I'll keep the box in a Zip Loc bag for ya.

#17 ·
QKShooter said:
I don't see any gauze bandages on your forehead so...I'm guessing that your initial debut with The Glorious Smith & Wesson 500 Magnum went OK? :biggrin:

That looks so nice.

Concerning the Super Vel ammo. You get it when I croak. :dead:
You hafta wait till then. :wink: I'll keep the box in a Zip Loc bag for ya.

Done Deal ... Nope 500 isnt that bad

#21 ·
I used to shoot Super Vel quite a bit when I had my Colt Diamondback .38 and they were hot. Somewhere around here I probably have a few rounds (not boxes) stashed. I really did like it and have wondered why it faded away....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.