PMC Bronze pistol ammo

This is a discussion on PMC Bronze pistol ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have experience with this? I can't seem to find much info on it. Is it actually bronze jacketed instead of copper? I've been checking ...

Thread: PMC Bronze pistol ammo

PMC Bronze pistol ammo

Anyone have experience with this? I can't seem to find much info on it. Is it actually bronze jacketed instead of copper? I've been checking out ammo prices through Natchez. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Bronze is typically mostly copper anyway, 95-97%. Is that a big deal ?!

Bronze line

We have some of the rifle ammo at the shop. Think Olympic medals. The Bronze stuff is what would be like the "practice grade" or range ammo. Plain FMJ military spec stuff. They also have a Silver grade with hunting quality stuff and a Gold line with premium quality. At least they did, aren't they out of business?

Bronze is typically mostly copper anyway, 95-97%. Is that a big deal ?!
    No---but I was thinking bronze was harder than copper.

We have some of the rifle ammo at the shop. Think Olympic medals. The Bronze stuff is what would be like the "practice grade" or range ammo. Plain FMJ military spec stuff. They also have a Silver grade with hunting quality stuff and a Gold line with premium quality. At least they did, aren't they out of business?
    I was leaning more to the handgun ammo available from NatchezSS. I heard they were out of business also, but the ammo is still available obviously. I'm not looking at any warranty issues with the ammo.

Natchez Shooters Supplies - Shop Ammo - Handgun

PMC

Nope, I checked, no PMC pistol ammo at the shop in the Bronze (or any other) line. I have some Starfire that's not marked Gold Line, but it's old stock. I can only assume it's the same for the pistol ammo, though.
    Last edited by Superhouse 15; March 21st, 2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: typo

I have shot a lot of it as it was the only stuff my favorite store carried. I never had issues with it, but I know of at least 2 gun shops in the area that had problems with the stuff and PMC wouldn't take care of them.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

I've shot a box of it, no issues, have another box sitting here that I bought the other day, seems fine anyways..
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

No---but I was thinking bronze was harder than copper.
    I was looking for an article I recently read but have no idea where it went. Bronze, typically, is not kosher for handgun rounds. Most bronzes would be considered armor piercing. The article I sought was about some ammo company who jumped through many hoops with ATF to get bronze approved. The net result was that one particular alloy, barely enough to be called bronze - essentially impure copper - was approved.

Sorry, not really pertinent to the thread here.

I bought 1000 rounds of it in 9mm when I won my G34 a couple of years ago and the stuff runs just fine. I recently bought another 300 rounds in .45acp 230 gr ball rounds and that stuff is just as good. i think it chronographed at around 790fps, pretty much what you would expect.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Links