To buy or not to buy

To buy or not to buy

This is a discussion on To buy or not to buy within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it possible to purchase never fired .45 ACP brass? Is this an economical option if I have someone who is willing to reload for ...

Thread: To buy or not to buy

To buy or not to buy

Is it possible to purchase never fired .45 ACP brass? Is this an economical option if I have someone who is willing to reload for me?

I'll learn eventually, but right now we live in a very small apartment and have no room to reload.

I do have a 200 yard range in my backyard though, so I can deal with a small home for a while

I personally would not be shooting something someone else reloads. There are to many things that could go wrong. Maybe they would be willing to let you do the reloading after you studied up on it, and maybe even give you a few pointers. If I don't load it and it's not factory, i am not shooting it.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

It is possible to purchase it from any number of retailers. You can even get it with the primers installed. But, brass is the most expensive component and you will not save much money doing it that way.

I would stick to bargain ammo such as Sellior and Bellot, Wolf, Remington UMC, Federal American Eagle, Magtech blue, and anything Walmart sells for ammo. Reloads can be dangerous if the person assembling the cartridges is unsure of what they are doing.

Always save your brass. Brass is worth money. I'm sure you could at least make some money by selling your brass, and it's better than giving the brass to the range owners.

I must agree with the others. Unless the person is bonded to sell at gun shows I would not trust anyone else reloading for me. Reloading is worth the investment, even for relatively small loads like 9mm, but it is especially economical for .45ACP. I know people in one bedroom apartments that reload - you can do it.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Links