What kind of ammo do the BGs use?

This is a discussion on What kind of ammo do the BGs use? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We talk a lot about the ammo we use for defensive carry, but when you see a video of a BG robbing a store, what ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of ammo do the BGs use?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

What kind of ammo do the BGs use?

We talk a lot about the ammo we use for defensive carry, but when you see a video of a BG robbing a store, what are they using?

I suspect, since they probably actually have to buy that stuff and they are trying to get away as cheaply as possible that it is straight ball ammunition.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

What ever they can get their hands on via the streets or straw purchases.
    Basically everything you or I or LEOs can get our hands on from .22 and .380 to 9MM to .357 Mag, .40, .45, and you name it.

BGs do not discriminate when it comes to ammo or bullet type.
    Ask a local EMT, emergency room triage nurse, or coroner.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

What ever they can get I think
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Always assume that their equipment and training is a least as good as yours. Complacency will get you killed.
    -Biker

The gang-bangers according to a recent FBI study train more often than most police. There were no specifics about ammo.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    The gang-bangers according to a recent FBI study train more often than most police. There were no specifics about ammo.
    Really? Link?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Back when i was LE i saw everything from lead reloads to state of the art hp ammo in firearms i had occasion to seize . As a rule tho the BG did not shoot a lot , and in fact carried for " street cred " . They were likely to have it loaded with the same mag they bought it with , If they happened ( not usual ) to have bought it at a store they said " gimme or throw in a box of ammo " and thusly got whatever was cheap for the store owner . If they got it " undergorund " they likely got a mag of whatever it was loaded with prior to theft . Most bad guys dont have a clue on guns or ammo selection just as most cops dont . The prevailant attitude ( among both camps ) is that " I have a gun and you dont " . they see no need to understand lethal force and its projection . As a living example i refer everyone to Chicago this weekend ... 36 shot and 6 dead at last report . Now while i extend condolences to any and all who may be involved here .. the raw numbers show that bad guys are not selecting pistol rounds for effectiveness , nor are they working hard on accuracy .

I frankly dont care if you use sights , you dont use sights , you pray to shiva.... whatever works for you hit them COM a couple of times , if they fail to fall down hit them in the face a couple of times . If you strongly feel you cannot headshot someone for whatever reason then hit them in the pelvic area a couple of times . Point is if you shoot , then shoot them down , be that they fall below the sights or you shot to slidelock /empty .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Even if they are loading with ball, ball isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Is it as good as HST or Ranger Talon? No, but it still will ruin your day if you catch one COM.

The way ammo prices are going up, I'll bet it gets to be common practice before long to carry JHP in the gun and spare mags loaded with ball.

Regardless of it not having fancy ballistics, ball is reliable and makes deep holes. Everything else is a bonus.

Generally ball. Its cheap and plentiful.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    The last rusty, dirty .38 I seized was loaded with lead semiwadcutters....

Since there are no background checks for ammo, I imagine they can use whatever we can use.

Winchester Whitebox JHP is the cheapest self defense ammo at the sporting goods stores I go to.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Well, duh...they use those nasty cop-killer bullets that I heard about on T.V.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

whatever the last guy they killed was useing.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    The last few I have seen coming in where ball ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    If this is true, how come they hit so many people they're not really shooting at?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links