found my new ammo store

This is a discussion on found my new ammo store within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i ordered some ammo from ammo to go and when it got here i found out it came from Brenham TX. which is only a ...

Thread: found my new ammo store

found my new ammo store

i ordered some ammo from ammo to go and when it got here i found out it came from Brenham TX. which is only a couple of hours away from my house in Austin.

i picked the cheapest, slowest UPS shipping rate they have and my ammo still got to my house the day after i ordered it .

well, thats where ill be getting all my ammo from now on.also i got a real good deal on federal LE tactical HST 147gr. bullets.
    Last edited by stormbringerr; April 26th, 2008 at 10:16 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

I also just bought a case of 147gr HST from them and it was a very professional transaction, now if i could just find some 147 +p

Prices are pretty decent...added it to my Favorites! Thanks for the heads up
    If you own a handgun and your state law allows it, please carry.

+1 on Ammo to Go. I just received my second order from them of Federal HST 230gr .45 +P. One of the few places that consistantly has it.

They ship out fast and the prices are reasonable. Amazing selection.

Ammo to go is cheaper on .40 S&W.

Shop around. I just wish there was a one stop site to check out all online vendor pricing for a particular caliber/flavor. Maybe we could talk ctmike into keeping an updated sticky on something like this since he has an affinity for finding online "Good, Bad, Ugly" news stories.

We should also get a sticky for vendor coupon codes for discounts.

I am going to order some HST and 1 box of the ARMSCOR FMJ for practice (anybody hear about them - quality?) Otherwise Wally World has UMC 250ct cheaper than any online place I have found for bulk quality factory ammo (and no shipping, just tax). So far my Baby Eagle is not a picky eater. I have tried American Eagle, UMC, Blazer Brass, and Magtec with no problems.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

good idea about the vendor discount coupon codes, sticks

catalina,i ordered my ammo on April 24th online and it was at my house on the 25th so even if i find someplace a little cheaper im sticking with ATG + they have a great selection and plan to make it even larger.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Wow!! Thanks for the info. I live within driving distance of Brenham and sometime we drive out in that direction just for a nice country drive. I hadn't heard of these folks before.

I do however like to support my local dealers as much as possible-- the independents, not the big box guys.

You just never know what's in your own neighborhood. I found a great place that sells military and government targets online that is only 20 minutes from my house in the Twin Cities, and they sell at great prices.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I never realized how close they were! Less than an hour from where I sit right now.

I just received my order of 2 HSTs and 1 box of the Armscor FMJ. 4 days and only $8.5? in shipping.

I still can't believe that the HSTs are less than 1/2 the price of the Hydra-Shocks and are a superior round.

I will update later when I have a chance to go shoot the Armscor ammo. They are loose packed and "Once fired" brass (some silver) reloads. The price is just a touch better than the UMC at Wally World. If they shoot good, I'll be happy, even with an occasional FTF for surprise practice. So far my BE has not been a picky eater. The same can not be said for my buddies CZ40B.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links