Ruger LCP's .380 Golden Sabers

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP's .380 Golden Sabers within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The pad between the "tip" and the first joint....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger LCP's .380 Golden Sabers

The pad between the "tip" and the first joint.

2. Remove Ads

GC
    Zack,
    The "off hand" cupped under the butt of the gun isn’t a strong shooting grip in a number of ways. It does not aid accurate shooting at all. It does not allow the two hands to share the recoil and slows recovery time considerably. In fact, with hard recoiling handguns recoil often lifts the handgun and strong side hand completely out of the "cup" requiring the shooter to reacquire and regrip the handgun for the second shot. Sharing the handgun with both hands in about a 60/40 strong hand to off hand ratio makes recoil seem less and shot to shot recovery considerably quicker.

Same for her foot work. As is, she is "crossed up" and not in control of herself to manage recoil, or, move in a real life situation, as she would certainly want to do. If she squares up to the target with feet shoulder width apart, knees flexed slightly, and leans her weight a little forward from the waist, she would be in a better position to manage recoil, recover faster shot to shot, and move when she needs to. If she isn't quite comfortable with that, then shifting her right foot back a half step and semi-blade her left side body toward the target a little, puts her in a Weaver type stance. Weaver is a very solid shooting position also. Kinda hard to explain with written word, but some research on the Isosceles and Weaver stances should turn up some pic's or video.

If I've gone overboard on the answer, I apologize. I certainly am not the final word and do not want to offer my advise as such. In fact, watch the videos and then notice your grip and stance as opposed to hers... see the differences?

Quote Originally Posted by GC View Post
    Zack,
    The "off hand" cupped under the butt of the gun isnít a strong shooting grip in a number of ways. It does not aid accurate shooting at all.
    Excuse me if I'm nitpicking... but do you realize that the LCP grip is very very very short, and unless you have very small hands the offhand will naturally fall below the grip at least a little bit.

The grip looks fine for a very small pocket gun.

Cheers

GC
    If it works for you, go for it...

Regards...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links