Ruger LCP's .380 Golden Sabers

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP's .380 Golden Sabers within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ......cycle perfectly! Shot a box today while we were shooting the new LCP's for the first time. Took a couple videos too. I can't remember ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP's .380 Golden Sabers

Ruger LCP's .380 Golden Sabers

......cycle perfectly! Shot a box today while we were shooting the new LCP's for the first time. Took a couple videos too. I can't remember who, but someone on here was advocating these rounds for this gun recently -- have you shot quite a few through the LCP? I've read the Remington UMC FMJ have had quite a few hangups. Both of these guns were cleaned and wiped down before shooting.

http://bluetongueskinks.net/zruger1.avi
    http://bluetongueskinks.net/zruger2.avi

Overall, great little pistol -- put about 100 rounds through it; not one jam (Winchester FMJ). Only complaint as far as the actual firing is that as a self-defense weapon, it's very difficult to fire quickly (rapid fire) because of the double action only, and also the trigger must be pulled almost to the very back causing your finger to get pinched between the trigger and the guard. I've read about a couple other people having this same problem. Last downside is that the slide doesn't stay open on the last shot (slide lock only for inspection really, and perhaps cleaning).

On the whole, we're sold! We're not into anything major for carry like a .45 (...yet), but did want something. These seem perfect and reliable.

Oops, sorry for the ramble.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

2. Remove Ads

Nice videos

Those are great videos, thanks!
    Dr. Marshall C. St. John, pastor
    www.waysidechurch.org

I think you convinced me that this is the ammo to use when I finally get my LCP. You also convinced me with those videos that I do NOT want to be your wife's target.

Hey Marshall maybe you could post those videos (with their permission of course) on your mousegun website. I really enjoy that site by the way.
    God bless our troops!

links on mouseguns

I don't host the videos, but I have a link to this thread on mouseguns....Semi-automatics at mouseguns.com

Just scroll down to the 380 section and look for the Ruger LCP there.

I love the banana!
    Dr. Marshall C. St. John, pastor
    www.waysidechurch.org

Great way to spend a sunny afternoon...nice vid's...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Looks like a nice little pistol.
    I think I'll wait till the new Kahr P .380 hits the market though before I decide which one I'll get.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    ... Only complaint as far as the actual firing is that as a self-defense weapon, it's very difficult to fire quickly (rapid fire) because of the double action only...
    Practice will fix that.

Nice vid's
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

GC
    I'm still waiting for my LCP to be returned from Ruger's repair facility. Something on the interior broke at round count number 177. Until that time it was flawless with CCI Blazer 95 gr. FMJ, Winchester 95 gr. FMJ, Remington 95 gr. FMJ and Double Tap 90 gr. Gold Dot. It has been off for about three weeks now and I haven't heard a thing yet. I'm impatiently waiting...

BTW, not to nitpick... but Holly's stance and grip need a little tweaking, right? My wife shoots with me also, you are a lucky guy that she is interested in spending time doing some of the things you like to do. That will pay off in the long run... congrat's.

From what you have described, it sounds like a trigger connector failure.

KTOG Forum - Ruger LCP Trigger Bar Failure:
    Last edited by razz; May 5th, 2008 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    Practice will fix that.
    From that forum: "the trigger started frequently going all the way to the rear of the trigger guard"

This is exactly what I'm talking about...the trigger pull actually touches the back so you almost have to straighten your finger just to get it to pull all the way.

I've never purchased a brand new Ruger firearm, do they offer lifetime warranties?
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    I've never purchased a brand new Ruger firearm, do they offer lifetime warranties?
    They do. If you're having trouble they should fix it.

BTW, not to nitpick... but Holly's stance and grip need a little tweaking, right?
    I didn't see anything wrong. If she can hit the target, go with what works. I was more concerned over the lack of safety glasses. Having a cousin with one eye makes me notice these things more. Eyes don't grow back.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

GC
    I noticed she is right handed and has the right foot way forward. She is also using a "cup and saucer" grip. Totally not my business, just an observation that might make shooting more accurate, comfortable, and effective for her. Zack, good luck with your LCP. I'm sure my experience is the exception. Hopefully Ruger returns it soon and it'll be trouble free for me.

Zach, I had the same problem with the finger pinch. I noticed it's usually because I have the first joint of my finger on the trigger. When I moved to the "pad" of the finger, it was no longer a problem. When you use the pad, there is less thickness of the finger inside the trigger guard. Nice Vids!

Quote Originally Posted by GC View Post
    I noticed she is right handed and has the right foot way forward. She is also using a "cup and saucer" grip. Totally not my business, just an observation that might make shooting more accurate, comfortable, and effective for her. Zack, good luck with your LCP. I'm sure my experience is the exception. Hopefully Ruger returns it soon and it'll be trouble free for me.
    Oh no, not at all! What's wrong with cup and saucer? I'm somewhat of the mind of Roadrunner -- we've been told different stances and grips from NRA intructor as well as guys at the gun shop, so who knows what exactly is "correct"? But certainly always down to hear different ways to try...

Please let me know what happens with your LCP when you get it back and if you know for sure exactly what happened to it...that's strange. I sure hope these guns don't end up being crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtown View Post
    Zach, I had the same problem with the finger pinch. I noticed it's usually because I have the first joint of my finger on the trigger. When I moved to the "pad" of the finger, it was no longer a problem. When you use the pad, there is less thickness of the finger inside the trigger guard. Nice Vids!

Do you mean the tip of your finger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links