Expanding FMJ

Expanding FMJ

This is a discussion on Expanding FMJ within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody familiar with these? They as useful as they say they are? EFMJ brings a new standard to bullet expansion technology. Federalís exclusive EFMJ bullet ...

Thread: Expanding FMJ

Expanding FMJ

Anybody familiar with these? They as useful as they say they are?

EFMJ brings a new standard to bullet expansion technology.

Federalís exclusive EFMJ bullet design provides the most consistent expansion and reduced risk of collateral damage. This one-of-a-kind bullet design combines a scored full-metal nose over an internal rubber tip that collapses on impactónot based on hydraulics. Its fully enclosed design means it never fills with barrier material and ensures controlled expansion directly upon impact.

A low-flash propellant is ideal for low-light tactical applications, while EFMJís bullet profile promotes smooth feeding in automatics. Itís the perfect choice for reliable expansion and penetrationónot to mention for agencies that donít permit hollow point ammunition. Also prevents the feeding problems associated with hollow point ammunition.

124 GR., EFMJ (+P) [50/BOX]
    Attached Images

Seems interesting, but I for one, don't want any rubber in my bullets.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    they work , and more important they feed . If that is what your auto needs to function i would not be afraid of it .... It is a large mesure above ball ammo .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I use the 124gr EFMJ in my 9mm and the 200gr in my .45 ACP. I went with them based on reports of consistent expansion and the fact that with no hollow-point I'd likely not encounter feeding problems. And for good defensive ammo, they don't cost an arm and a leg, either. They also shoot very accurately out of my SIGs.

Good prices to be had, generally, from Eric the AmmoMan.
    ďWhat is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?Ē óJustice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I have read a lot of good things about them, and I even think our military is considering them. You might also try a search on this forum as they may have been discussed before since the EFMJ has been out for a while.
    God bless our troops!

I carry the 200gr in my 45s.
    Dont remember which but either the Mpls or Saint Paul police dept uses them, Which are the two largest police depts in Minnesota.

EFMJ

We tested the (200gr?) .45acp +P at the shop with wet newspaper plain and covered with a variety of obstacles like plywood, drywall, a few layers of denim and shop rags, and a thin piece of Aluminum. They all looked the same, perfect expansion just like the picture.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Thats what I switched to its really neat stuff. No plugging and anything we shot at it expanded neat littlebuggers.
    ďAre you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the roomĒ?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I'm thinking about picking up a box or two in .45. I just got some Federal HST 230g for my Ultra CDP II and if it doesn't eat them reliably, maybe the EFMJ is the ticket. They were about $13 more a box than the HST from ammunitiontogo.com BTW. If my HST feeds reliably, should I stick with it or are there other advantages to the EFMJ that warrant the extra cost?

If the HST feeds reliably, I wouldn't worry about anything else, as they are the equal or better of any other SD load out there.
    God bless our troops!

Verrrry Interesting... I'm going to try some of that. Thanks for the post!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I've read and heard great things about them...especially if you shoot a finicky pistol that is won't digest just anything.
    I always seem to go back to me Hornady and Speer HP's...
    My XD-45 runs well on anything i feed it.
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

VIP Member
    If I could find some at a LGS I would give it a try. Seen it on the web.

Sponsored Links