Defensive Carry banner

Expanding FMJ

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  nn 
#1 ·
Anybody familiar with these? They as useful as they say they are?

EFMJ brings a new standard to bullet expansion technology.

Federal’s exclusive EFMJ bullet design provides the most consistent expansion and reduced risk of collateral damage. This one-of-a-kind bullet design combines a scored full-metal nose over an internal rubber tip that collapses on impact—not based on hydraulics. Its fully enclosed design means it never fills with barrier material and ensures controlled expansion directly upon impact.

A low-flash propellant is ideal for low-light tactical applications, while EFMJ’s bullet profile promotes smooth feeding in automatics. It’s the perfect choice for reliable expansion and penetration—not to mention for agencies that don’t permit hollow point ammunition. Also prevents the feeding problems associated with hollow point ammunition.

124 GR., EFMJ (+P) [50/BOX]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
they work , and more important they feed . If that is what your auto needs to function i would not be afraid of it .... It is a large mesure above ball ammo .

#4 ·
I use the 124gr EFMJ in my 9mm and the 200gr in my .45 ACP. I went with them based on reports of consistent expansion and the fact that with no hollow-point I'd likely not encounter feeding problems. And for good defensive ammo, they don't cost an arm and a leg, either. They also shoot very accurately out of my SIGs. :smile:

Good prices to be had, generally, from Eric the AmmoMan.

#7 ·
EFMJ

We tested the (200gr?) .45acp +P at the shop with wet newspaper plain and covered with a variety of obstacles like plywood, drywall, a few layers of denim and shop rags, and a thin piece of Aluminum. They all looked the same, perfect expansion just like the picture.

#9 ·
I'm thinking about picking up a box or two in .45. I just got some Federal HST 230g for my Ultra CDP II and if it doesn't eat them reliably, maybe the EFMJ is the ticket. They were about $13 more a box than the HST from ammunitiontogo.com BTW. If my HST feeds reliably, should I stick with it or are there other advantages to the EFMJ that warrant the extra cost?

#11 ·
Verrrry Interesting... I'm going to try some of that. Thanks for the post!

#12 ·
I've read and heard great things about them...especially if you shoot a finicky pistol that is won't digest just anything.
I always seem to go back to me Hornady and Speer HP's...
My XD-45 runs well on anything i feed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.