Defensive Carry banner

Is This Ammo a Good Buy?

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Zach and Holly 
#1 ·
I have a friend that is moving away from the gun side of life and is unloading a lot of his ammo. Are these good prices/cartridges?

1) 75 boxes (3,750 rounds) of Sellior & Bellot 9mm for $500

2) 20 boxes (1,000 rounds) of Winchester SuperX .22 LR for $25 (says I can use this in both rifles & pistols)

Thanks!

#20 ·
Yep, they make the sweet clear plastic shotgun shells I use in my short barrel Mossberg...great quality! Sounds like a great deal for the 9mm. But you can get 550 rounds of federal .22 for around $12.

#5 ·
I would pick up the 9mm if I had the money, .22 prices are going up as well and it's a fair price. I have shot S&B many times without any problems. It's still cheaper to reload 9mm vs. buying from your friend, but if you plan on shooting factory ammo for a while go for it.

#11 ·
excellent price on the S and B. they shoot pretty well. never had a problem with shooting them on glocks and 92FS.

#13 ·
Heck, buy it just to save the brass... :smile:

But S&B is good stuff, and that is a great price for the 9mm.

#19 ·
i hope your friend keeps at least one gun.i could not picture myself not having any guns.except in my dreams where i have ray guns on distant galaxies. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.