Future Weapons.

This is a discussion on Future Weapons. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was watching future weapons and the narrator the (NAVY SEALdude whats his name) was showing the difference in the 5.56 vs .308 vs the ...

Thread: Future Weapons.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Future Weapons.

I was watching future weapons and the narrator the (NAVY SEALdude whats his name) was showing the difference in the 5.56 vs .308 vs the size of the 50 BMG.

He said this is the .308 the standard round for the AK -47 time to fire the technical adviser JK.

Anyway, just thought that was funny; however, my real question does it seem like they( future weapons) are pushing the 6.8 on that show really hard or is it just me?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I noticed it also.....

They push the 'caliber of the month'......one episode he was pushing Barrett's .50BMG rifle, the episode prior he was pushing Cheytac's .406 rifle.

He also pushed the Beowulf .50 for the AR........He just pushes whatever the company of the day let's him shoot.....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I noticed it also.....

They push the 'caliber of the month'......one episode he was pushing Barrett's .50BMG rifle, the episode prior he was pushing Cheytac's .406 rifle.

He also pushed the Beowulf .50 for the AR........He just pushes whatever the company of the day let's him shoot.....
    OO haven't seen the .50 Beowulf.

PS its the .408 Cheytac.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Here it is
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Here it is
    meant the episode, but finding new links is always cool to possible desired products.

youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    meant the episode, but finding new links is always cool to possible desired products.
    just do a search on youtube for "50 cal beowulf futureweapons" and you should find it. That's where I watched the episode. skips all the commercials as well.

chad

It does seem like they just talk up whatever is on the show for that episode. Oh well, I guess that's show business.

Austin

Some of the less than lethal things on shows like that seem really goofy, until you get a chance to use them one someone.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

kaz
    I lost a lot of interest in the show because of mistakes like the "AK fires the .308" and "It can take 10-15 seconds to reload a conventional sniper rifle". I just don't buy him being a SEAL.

I imagine the guy is in the know of what's what, but that show's top priority is viewer ratings; with viewer ratings is going to be "dumbing down" information, and flashing up turds. Case in point with the AK; the show would probably get a million and one emails from people not in know as far as the difference between a .308 and 7.62x39... So it's just simplier to mention the .308 since it's so close to a 7.62x39. Do I agree with this mentality? Hell no... But it's great for viewer ratings.
    Beretta 92FS

Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    I lost a lot of interest in the show because of mistakes like the "AK fires the .308" and "It can take 10-15 seconds to reload a conventional sniper rifle". I just don't buy him being a SEAL.
    I agree about the AK statement, but I could see it taking 10-15 seconds to reload a conventional(bolt-action)sniper rifle. Loading 5 or more rounds 1 at a time could take 10-15 seconds. I think that other SEALS would have already come forward if he was not a SEAL. I agree that ratings are taking precedence and the host is going along with the writers, not all the facts. OMO.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

kaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    I imagine the guy is in the know of what's what, but that show's top priority is viewer ratings; with viewer ratings is going to be "dumbing down" information, and flashing up turds. Case in point with the AK; the show would probably get a million and one emails from people not in know as far as the difference between a .308 and 7.62x39... So it's just simplier to mention the .308 since it's so close to a 7.62x39. Do I agree with this mentality? Hell no... But it's great for viewer ratings.
    I think this is the usual explanation, but I don't see it being the case with what's supposed to be an educational show/channel. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think this is the usual explanation, but I don't see it being the case with what's supposed to be an educational show/channel. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    I TIVO ed the series, and I'm noticing a pattern.

He hates the 556 and 9mm and has a horrible way of showing what he considers the inaquecy of both.

I've seen this happen at least 3 times now.
    9mm vs. .45acp (Showing the new KRISS Gun)

Was talking about Knockdown power. (Whatever that is anyway!)

He had a Metal Pepper Popper up and shot at it with a 9mm MP4. He hit the bottom middle of the the middle of the popper with the 9mm and it stayed up. He shot the popper at the head with the .45 and dropped it. Therefore the test he used was totally bogus along with the theory anyway.

I used to think the top priority of that channel was to be educational as well, but after awhile I realized viewer ratings were the top priority, and then the educational material.
    Beretta 92FS

Links