Magsafe Ammo

This is a discussion on Magsafe Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I knew Joe & Kay when they lived in washington and even had some input into Joes KD magsafe round(KD=KEVLAR DEFEATING). I really liked Joe ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magsafe Ammo

ann
    I knew Joe & Kay when they lived in washington and even had some input into Joes KD magsafe round(KD=KEVLAR DEFEATING).

I really liked Joe a lot "God rest his soul" but as for magsafe rounds as a whole I really think the rounds are not that useful they just dont have the penetration that I like in a pistol round.If I had to use a pre frag I would use GLASER SILVERS IMO.

As for RBCD IMO the real blended metal rounds are cool. The rounds they sell to the public with the lead ball and the plastic ball are a JOKE.

RBCD ANLYSIS
    RBCD is the round on the left
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    personaly i dont/wont use any pre frag rounds , any binefits are far outweighed by both the expense and courtroom liability imho , i also wont carry reloads for SD

i came in to posesion of several boxes full of magsafe .40 cal. I read the 'hype' on them and desided to test a few on the beef cows when we butchered. normally we use a .44mag to the forhead and some times it takes 2 shots. the magsafes were amazing. 1 shot and the beef hit the ground dead. on the old stear that was gonna be all hamburger i shot in in the side droped and was dead by the time it hit the ground. when we open it up the heart and right lung were destroyed. this is the only ammo i will ever carry.
    btw shoot to kill. if u have time trick shoot or are in such a situation you should not be shooting.
    i have yet te find any real evidence of courtroom liability. it is just fear mongering
    Last edited by paul_82000; June 24th, 2006 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks, Paul.
    This provides good insight into the effectiveness of this round. It may not be scientific but anything that drops a cow can't be all that wimpy.

Lightbulb Don't Overlook RBCD

Quote Originally Posted by paul_82000
    i came in to posesion of several boxes full of magsafe .40 cal. I read the 'hype' on them and desided to test a few on the beef cows when we butchered. normally we use a .44mag to the forhead and some times it takes 2 shots. the magsafes were amazing. 1 shot and the beef hit the ground dead. on the old stear that was gonna be all hamburger i shot in in the side droped and was dead by the time it hit the ground. when we open it up the heart and right lung were destroyed. this is the only ammo i will ever carry.
    btw shoot to kill. if u have time trick shoot or are in such a situation you should not be shooting.
    i have yet te find any real evidence of courtroom liability. it is just fear mongering
    While I FULLY agree with you on MagSafe (it's mostly all I carry in primary carry gun -- but use other factory loads in back up mags) there actually HAVE been numerous lawsuits against the frangible ammo manufacturers. All have been rejected. I think a lot of it is a masterful sense of advertising psychology...that is the use of the word SAFE. Glaser SAFETY Slug. MagSAFE....brilliant! But if you think MagSafe was devastating in meat...try RBCD.

http://www.rbcd.net I have a friend in SpecOps (I guess he's getting ready to retire, but he's currently a fairly senior officer at the puzzle palace...I mean the Pentagon....and he once told me that if his survival came down to ONE SHOT he'd want it to be RBCD. I agree. This ammo is even more expensive than either MagSafe or Glaser.....which is hard to believe. So you don't use it to pling with! But I ran enough thru my guns to be sure of cycling and accuracy at various combat ranges...and then I just put it into the mags.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

you know that is only the 2nd time i have heard anyone say anything good about magsafe. I have been curious about it myself. the first comment was about one person who shot a possum and said he needed a shovel to clean it up. kinda amazing that it took a cow down. Maybe i will get some after all =o). rbcd would be great if you could get the real stuff at a price you could afford.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher
    you know that is only the 2nd time i have heard anyone say anything good about magsafe. I have been curious about it myself. the first comment was about one person who shot a possum and said he needed a shovel to clean it up. kinda amazing that it took a cow down. Maybe i will get some after all =o). rbcd would be great if you could get the real stuff at a price you could afford.

Try Sportsmansguide.com for some very good prices on both MagSafe and Glaser. I only use 68gr Super SWAT in my 45. According to a recent test in one of my gun rags, it generates over 561 foot pounds of muzzle energy. That's a heckuva punch!

BTW, welcome to the forum!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links