Golden Saber Ejection Problems (Colt CCO)

This is a discussion on Golden Saber Ejection Problems (Colt CCO) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had been carrying Federal HydraShok's for years in my CCO and decided it was time to "upgrade"... So I figured I'd try out the ...

Thread: Golden Saber Ejection Problems (Colt CCO)

Golden Saber Ejection Problems (Colt CCO)

I had been carrying Federal HydraShok's for years in my CCO and decided it was time to "upgrade"... So I figured I'd try out the Golden Sabers...

My CCO has always eaten anything I've fed to it. But it will not eject the Golden Sabers. I'm not talking intermittently, I'm talking 100% failure rate while hand cycling the rounds. I have not fired them, and the problem might be resolved during live-fire, since presumably the bullet would no longer be attached -- and, as I mentioned, this is really an ejection problem.

Either way, it bothers me that I can't even hand-cycle the gun with the Sabers. Has anyone else experienced this at all? Or heard of it at all?
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Sounds like a trip to the Range is in order.

How do the HS do in the same "hand operated" ejecting procedure?

Personally, I don't see the need to change, If you like the Ford Mustang, why change to the Chevy Camaro. It's been discussed many times, after shot placement, it doesn't make a lot of difference. By the sounds of it, Even if the rounds function fine in live fire, will you feel comfortable in the moment of truth?
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

1943 - 2009
    I've never heard of this problem, but if it is as you describe, it sounds like an overall cartridge length issue. Are loaded Golden Saber rounds longer than rounds from other manufacturers?

Do a side by side comparison of overall cartridge lengths. If the Sabers are longer than the standard 1.260 inch overall loaded cartridge length, they'll hang up in your Colt's ejection port.

If the Sabers feed and fire without malfunctions, it's a non-issue.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

This isn't real surprising. The GS rounds tend to be "a silly millimeter long" (sorry if you're not old enough to remember the commercial) than other rounds. The only HP rounds I have for a 45 are GS, so don't have anything to compare them to but for 9mm, lengths are:

GS 124 gr. 1.117
    Winchester Ranger 115 gr. 1.08
    Federal American Eagle FMJ 1.114

The only gun I've ever had a problem with the GSs in is my Kel-Tec PF-9. They won't even feed out of the magazine. However, I don't believe you'll find any problem with firing and ejecting but if you can't clear a live round from your firearm, I'd be going with something else.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

like hoss and crunch said if bullet is longer than specs that would cause it if you have some calipers measure OAL of the bullet
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Shoot them up and then carry the others you know work and trust.
    Who knows why or where you may have to unload and reload
    and if you can't hand eject them what?

they probably will live fire through the gun. But, I would carry something you can cycle for safety reasons. I.e. Dud, unloading, ect...
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Administrator
    Well, if you cannot hand eject them - there may come a time when you may have to clear malf.
    If you are intent on carrying them then you'll probably need to get your ejection port opened up a bit more and make sure that you have the relief cut on your extractor.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

i use golden sabors in all of my guns and never any problems with feed or ejecting plus they are accurate and a great sd ammo

Links