Low price target 45 ACP ammo - Page 2

Low price target 45 ACP ammo

This is a discussion on Low price target 45 ACP ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kazzaerexys Georgia Arms sells a thousand rounds of .45 ACP (230gr) for $280. They will ship to me for $22, so I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low price target 45 ACP ammo

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Georgia Arms sells a thousand rounds of .45 ACP (230gr) for $280. They will ship to me for $22, so I am paying $302 for 20 boxes. That's $15.10 per 50 to my front door. I also get the nice ammo cans to go with that, and I will take Georgia Arms over WWB on quality any day. To my mind, I am getting a better deal than the Wal-Mart shoppers, not to mention the fact that I don't have to deal with Wal-Mart or hump the ammo around myself. Oh, yeah, and I don't risk having anybody keep ammo purchase records on me in state...

I also get 147gr 9mm by the case for under $12 per 50 delivered. If I order both at the same time, I save in shipping and the price goes down from there.

I have been saving brass for a while, so soon I will be taking care of my own practice ammo, though.
    Well this ammo is Winchester ammo, not some walmart ammo so I think I will trust Winchester over someone I never heard of, although I'm willing to look at them. However at $280 per 1000 and $22 for shipping, that equals $302, vs buying a 1000 rounds at walmart here at $29.99, total $299.99 plus TX sales tax of 8.25% is $24.75 so total is close to $325, so I guess to save $23 and wait for it in the mail, might be fine to save a little money. However there is no ammo records kept, at least here in TX, maybe they do that where you are though. Trust me though this about the only merchandise I buy from Walmart.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Husker Fan, I am certainly not twisting your arm or anything, but in my experience I have seen a higher rate of set-back bullets and dented cases in Winchester White Box (WWB) than I have in about 5,000 rounds I have bought from GA-Arms at this point. I hadn't heard of them, either, until somebody at my IDPA club pointed them out to me, but I have been very happy with the results so far.

The ammo cans also make a great place to store saved brass until I start my own reloading!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Husker Fan, I am certainly not twisting your arm or anything, but in my experience I have seen a higher rate of set-back bullets and dented cases in Winchester White Box (WWB) than I have in about 5,000 rounds I have bought from GA-Arms at this point. I hadn't heard of them, either, until somebody at my IDPA club pointed them out to me, but I have been very happy with the results so far.

The ammo cans also make a great place to store saved brass until I start my own reloading!
    Well maybe you have, I've shot them for years and never had a problem with any loading or ejecting. Matter of fact I have had a problem with "premium" defense rounds jamming up though that cost stupid money for them. So you never know, just like a $1,000 you would think would be less to malfuntion then a $500 one. I hear more people saying their 1911's jam them either my Glock or Ruger and mine are usually hundreds of dollars less. But I do appreciate the input, I'll check them out.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

I just checked Ga. Arms website and yes that is the correct price. Similar good price on 9mm. ($185/1000 in 124 gr.) I'll give them a try next time if you say it's good stuff.

I've never had a problem with WWB though.

opps sorry can't write a sentence properly! I meant a $1,000 firearm vs a $500 one. sorry

Samuel Adams

GA Arms comes to the local gun shows here and I like to stock up, best prices anywhere on target ammo and I've never had a problem.

I might be wrong but i believe loaded ammo requires a hazmat fee also which is 20.00 on top of shipping,the only cheap ammo i get for plinking is i load my own
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Walmart is the cheapest

They are cheaper than Gander Mountain, Cabellas, and Bass Pro in central PA. 250 rounds of .45 for $67 and change. However, when they start asking me for ID, I'm done purchasing there.

Lightbulb Party on!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I might be wrong but i believe loaded ammo requires a hazmat fee also which is 20.00 on top of shipping,the only cheap ammo i get for plinking is i load my own
    No HazMat fee for shipping Ammo. Just regular FedEx or UPS fees.

Pick up your brass! That's another $2.50 per box or $50.00 per 1000 discount when you sell it! I adds up fast if you shoot a lot.

I buy .380, .40, .45, .223. .308 & 5.7x28.

I guess you could also pay for a kegger!

PARTY-ON!
    YOU CAN ONLY HAVE TOO MUCH AMMO IF YOU'RE ON FIRE OR DROWNING!

Benefactor Member NRA -- Life Member GOA -- Life (Christian) Member JPFO -- Card Carrying Minuteman

I know this post was from a little while ago about cheap .45 but I just found some cci blazer at Natchez shooting supply for 11.99 a box. For me, it would come out to 268 for a case including shipping and handling. Just a heads up for anyone looking...
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
    I have not found anything less expensive than Winchester 100 count at Walmart.
    I have.

(but there's "Some Assembly Required")

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    +1 for Sgtmac.

Just got a flyer in the mail from Dick's,.45 ACP & .40 S&W Remington UMC Ammo is $14.98 Bx of 50rds if you buy 10bxs or more. 9mm is $7.98 Bx.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

You can get ammo at Dick's slightly cheaper than Walmart when they put it on sale. However, I would surmise that for most people there is a Walmart around the corner from them and the fuel cost to drive to Dick's when they have it on sale would eat up any savings. Long story, short. Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    You can get ammo at Dick's slightly cheaper than Walmart when they put it on sale. However, I would surmise that for most people there is a Walmart around the corner from them and the fuel cost to drive to Dick's when they have it on sale would eat up any savings. Long story, short. Walmart.
    Actually, around here anyway, Wal-Mart's everyday price on WWB is slightly cheaper than Dick's sale price on UMC: $29.96/100@Dick's versus $29.88/100@Wally. And from what JAT40 posted, Dick's requires you to buy 500 rounds to get that price. Some Wal-Marts have 250 round boxes for $65 or so.

Wal-Mart is closer, cheaper, with more convenient quantities, and I can get it anytime for that price. Oh, and my nearest Dick's is across the state line in Chattanooga -- while I do go there often, their sales tax is about 30% higher than here! So Wally is better for me all around, at least until I make up my mind on reloading gear.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II • Colt Combat Commander • Glock 26 GNS • Ruger Mark III 22/45 • Kahr CW9 (sold)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links