Remington JHP UMC questions.

This is a discussion on Remington JHP UMC questions. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found that these are rather cheap at Wally world. I think I paid 20 bux for 100. I thought that was cheap considering it ...

I found that these are rather cheap at Wally world. I think I paid 20 bux for 100. I thought that was cheap considering it was JHP. It may have been on sale. I wanted to know if this round is worth using for SD? The round has more of a radius on it which should make it feed easier.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

SD? No.

Range ammo and stockpile for teotwaki? Sure.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

You may have paid $20 for 50, but I don't know about 100. You're talking the ones in a green and white box right? Seems like I picked up a box of 50 here a while back in 45acp for around $24. Yet to try them out at the range, and these ARE NOT the 'bulk' ammo buys and I'd get Remington over the Winchester if they were the same price. To me, most HP loadings are a better option for SD loads than ball ammo anyway.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    I found that these are rather cheap at Wally world. I think I paid 20 bux for 100. I thought that was cheap considering it was JHP. It may have been on sale. I wanted to know if this round is worth using for SD? The round has more of a radius on it which should make it feed easier.
    It is all about shot placement and prior use to be sure they function
    in your gun; so, yes.

By the way...and somewhat of an afterthought about the Remington UMC. I actually bought a box of 223 Remington at Wal Mart today...along with a WWB 100 bulk pack of 9mm. $8.47 for the 20 rounds 55gr FMJ. Best thing I can say---and looking at the back of the box....I'll continue to purchase Remington UMC ammo at Wal Mart for a couple of very basic reasons. #1 Remington UMC ammo is made in Lonoke, Arkansas using all brand new, quality components. I'm supporting American manufacturing, and supporting jobs in the home state. And #2 Very competitively priced. #3 Made in America, bought in America to preserve America. How can you go wrong with that? I may even make it a point to buy the Rem UMC over others now, even for a small discrepancy in price. Their bulk 250 round pistol caliber buys I've been getting for a while now (the large yellow boxes), and the best buy if one can afford that on a weekly budget. 9mm still under $49 for 250rds what I saw today.

i forgot to mention that they were 9mm 115gr. Box of remington UMC 100 white box with green lettering. I will take a pic when I get home to make sure im not lying. I went to get the winchester white box FMJ for practice, but when I saw these, I jumped on them. Havnt had a chance to shoot yet. I bought some Winchester white box JHP last night at Academy since they were out of the Hornady tap 9mm. Actually, they were out of everything. But, they did have the G36 that ive just about made up my mind about. I still want to see the Kahr 45 just to say I gave it a chance.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

They shoot about 1150 fps 340 ft lb fwiw

Price is right for "100 round value pack", they are a different loading then the 50 round boxes. Either is good enough, if YOU are good enough :)

Although its just my opinion, and yes I sell ammunition, the bottom line is that its more about shot placement then about what's shot.
    Remember that everyday guys in harms way are firing FMJ and walking away in one piece.

Aside from that if it functions in your weapon, lands where you send it and does this repeatedly - its good to go. There are better choices out there but then again that's my opinion...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    ...I'll continue to purchase Remington UMC ammo at Wal Mart for a couple of very basic reasons. #1 Remington UMC ammo is made in Lonoke, Arkansas using all brand new, quality components. I'm supporting American manufacturing, and supporting jobs in the home state. And #2 Very competitively priced. #3 Made in America, bought in America to preserve America. How can you go wrong with that? I may even make it a point to buy the Rem UMC over others now, even for a small discrepancy in price. Their bulk 250 round pistol caliber buys I've been getting for a while now (the large yellow boxes), and the best buy if one can afford that on a weekly budget. 9mm still under $49 for 250rds what I saw today.
    +1

I totally agree for all the same reasons. I have been buying boxes of both 9mm and .45 ACP at Academy Sports. They are the best practice rounds for the money and even if they did cost a dollar per 250 more than WWBox, I'd stick with the locally grown variety.

I was in W-Mart today and they were stocked well with Rem JHP UMC "100" round box (green and white box)for 26 bucks. I bought 3. At .26 cents a found I can afford to go practice for a while.

Steve

You do understand that UMC means...u must clean...

Problems...you get what you pay for...no deal!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links