9mm carry question - Page 3

9mm carry question

This is a discussion on 9mm carry question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; AH! im really happy you pointed that out, i have noticed sometimes the clip doesnt look all the way "in" and was just normal. My ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9mm carry question

AH! im really happy you pointed that out, i have noticed sometimes the clip doesnt look all the way "in" and was just normal. My hands are right inbetween your hands, small but not a small womans small. My grip has my pinky just touching the lip of the grip.

i have only had one instant of pulling the trigger and the round not firing, but i had thought it was mainly me not pushing the last round all the way back in the clip.

next time i shoot i will deff look out for that clip issue for if it is a issue i do want to get it fixed.

Navy, if you dont mind my asking what carry holster do you use? ive been scowering the conceal carry picture post, but having some problems since most of my cloths are tighter fitting. I feel like finding a comfortable and concealed holster is going to be a pain.

I don't know if my holster would work for you or not because I seldom carry concealed, I mostly open carry. I like the Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement series, the belt slide pancake type. It would only be suitable for concealing under an un-tucked shirt or jacket. There are inside the pants holsters that clip to your belt but have a dip in the clip on the inside of the waistband that allow for a tucked in shirt.

I have the Uncle Mike's holster that is actually one size too big for the Mil Pro because I can also carry a full size (Ruger P345 or Taurus PT-92) in it.

ah, didnt realize WA was open carry, thought just texas was

VIP Member
    There are a number of open carry states...

Be sure to get a holster that fits, and the highest quality that you can afford. Same goes for your belt. The belt, holster, and gun are part of a system, and the system is only as good as the weakest link. Sure, you can stuff it in the waist band of your jeans, but it will fall out some day (ask me how I know), and a cheap belt will sag and bend out of shape - requiring you to buy a new one more often then you might expect.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

thanks for the advice, im waiting for the lisc to come in before i pick one up.

most of the belts you buy nowadays arnt real leather they are some other type of material. Where can you get a real leather belt that isnt dressy? A western store?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmash View Post
    ah, didnt realize WA was open carry, thought just texas was
    Texas ISN'T, neither is Oklahoma!

You might want to look at www.midwayusa.com for a real leather gun belt.

Tactical Forums: Login

If you pick an SD round from this list you cant go wrong as long as you do your job. If you are new to CCW the best thing you could do is spend $150.00 for an hour of a defence attorneys time to explain the gun laws to you. Then if God forbid you ever use your firearm say nothing but your name until that attorney is by your side. Good luck and stay safe.
    Be armed or be a victim

Ask the locals

I think a good rule-of-thumb is to carry a reliable(rule#1)hollow-point load that YOUR LOCAL COPS CARRY IN THEIR WEAPONS. There was a time when PD's were BEHIND the times on ammo selection, but that generally is NOT the case anymore. Even the NYPD, after years of NOT authorizing good duty loads, has the troops stoked with Gold Dot 124gr. +P's for their 9mm's. That is an excellent load. If you're on the same sheet of music as the locals you've eliminated one potential problem from the mix.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

VIP Member
    Also, it is a magazine, not a clip. So many kittens died in this thread, so many kittens....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

thanks for the bump and the advice.

im sorry for my lack of knowledge opfor, too many movies and video games + being new = lose

as far as a belt goes, im going to head over to a western wear store and see what they have, i wreckon it wont be a problem there finding something pretty sturdy.

as far as getting a holster, im going to the range / store today. As long as im unloaded i can carry my firearm around the store and "try" holsters for size? or is it my best bet to get someone to help me before pulling a stunt like that?

If you have a true and justifiable shooting, I do not believe the type of ammunition is going to come into question, unless somehow it was illegal for the state/country.

I will personally base my decision for my 9mm ammunition on performance. Including all the factors I can test. Just make sure to find something that goes bang, everytime you need it too.

It's been my expirience, take it for what it's worth, that EVERYTHING becomes an "issue", especially when a prosecutor is grasping at straws and trying to make a case against you.

My Miranda Card says, "Everything you say can and will be used against you." It should say; "Everything you say and do can and will be used against you."

Biker

tried out magsafes and gold dots...liked the gold dots alot, so i will carry with those probably.

VIP Member
    Gold Dots have a great reputation and are in widespread use. I don't think you will go wrong with them.

Also, I would talk to the gun store employee before you pull out your weapon and start sticking into holsters (though it sounds like you know this already). I would try to stick with a holster made for your specific model of firearm, if possible, though I'm sure you can find something suitable in a "generic" holster as well.

And don't sweat the clip/mag thing - it's very common and only bothers us anal retentive folk!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    BTW, 9mm is a very high velocity round already, so I would not consider it necessary to carry +P in 9mm, just my own humble opinion.
    If you look at the charts, NATO 9 mm is high velocity... Civilian 9 mm to match that speed must be +P+.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links