Some HST .45 - Page 3

Some HST .45

This is a discussion on Some HST .45 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have tried the plus P's in a couple of my .45's. Noticeable increase in recoil and follow up shot's. I used them up for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some HST .45

I have tried the plus P's in a couple of my .45's. Noticeable increase in recoil and follow up shot's. I used them up for target shooting and went back to standard pressure. I figure I shoot them well. And it has been putting the bad guys down fine almost 100 years. It will do fine for me.

John!

Quote Originally Posted by johns961 View Post
    I figure I shoot them well. And it has been putting the bad guys down fine almost 100 years. It will do fine for me.

John!
    HST's? HST's are a newer round. Less than ten years old has definitely not been around a hundred years. I would not expect HST +P to shoot the same as another +P brand.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I'll go out on a limb and say I assumed he was referring to standard pressure (non +P) loads in general, and not HST in particular.

I tend to agree that for .45ACP, standard pressure 230gr HST will definitely get the job done. Recoil and ease-of-shooting issues aside, should I ever have to discharge my weapon in a confined space, I can't help but think it might be the difference between sore, ringing ears for a few days, and actually ruptured eardrums from the +P load.

OTOH with the smaller 9mm round I'm thinking maybe I'd want a bit more "insurance" and use the +P 147gr round. I bet they'll be awfully snappy out of a G26, though!
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    I'll go out on a limb and say I assumed he was referring to standard pressure (non +P) loads in general, and not HST in particular.
    Ahhh so I see you are probably right. That said standard pressure is what I use in my .45, shoots the same as the Brazer Brass I practice with
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

So why would Federal charge more for older technology, and 30 fewer rounds?
    NRA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links